It’s back! New York City’s biggest coffee festival—The New York Coffee Festival—will make its triumph return to the Biggest Apple in all the land in just a few short days. The event kicks off on Friday, October 7th, and will run through Sunday, October 9th.
The events and festivals industry were uniquely impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, which makes the return of an in-person festival like NYCF something to celebrate. The event began running in 2015, and experienced a two-year hiatus in 2020 and 2021, with ticket sold for the 2021 event being extended for entry at this year’s festival. Sprudge has extensively covered the event each year since 2015, and will continue this coverage tradition for this weekend’s festival, in partnership with Allegra Events.
Tickets are available at a range of tiers and experiences, including group ticketing and VIP options. Click here for ticketing details.
So, what’s on at this year’s NYCF? There’s quite a lot—here’s just a few of the things we’re most excited about this weekend in New York.
- The Coffee Masters returns to New York! Coffee Masters is a fast-paced, wildly fun, and highly multi-disciplinary coffee competition unlike any other, and this year’s competition field is absolutely stacked. Competitors were announced in late summer, and you can get an advanced look now at some of their incredible signature drinks, including a stunning original orange peel oleo saccharum rum cocktail from Abner Roldan, a Mountain Dew/”Mountain Brew” riff from Jenna Gotthelf, and an intriguing cascara daiquiri by Meg Skop. More on the 2022 NYCF Coffee Masters can be found here, including details on the event disciplines and this year’s loaded crew of judges and MCs.
- Latte Art Live will be steaming things up all weekend long. The festival’s popular, highly competitive live latte art hub is offering a range of experiences this year, from live demos to beginners tutorials to exhibitions from some of the world’s leading latte artists. Be sure to get your spot to watch the Espresso State of Mind Throwdown tournament on Saturday afternoon, and check out a full schedule of latte art events here.
- Sensory Experience like no other. Returning to this year’s festival is the highly touted Sensory Experience, “a sensory maze containing a series of unique experiences and discover flavors designed to test your senses to the max.” This is a truly must-try thirty minute experience, free to all festival goers. Learn more here!
- The Lab, NYCF’s signature jam-packed calendar of workshops, demonstrations, tasting sessions and live talks, features some absolutely fascinating programming this year. Highlights include a talk from Intelligentsia Coffee CEO James McLaughlin (Friday @ 11:50 AM), a presentation from Lem Butler of Black & White Coffee (Friday @ 2:20 PM), a lecture titled “Careers in Coffee: Ensuring Accessible & Inclusive Growth” hosted by Amaris Gutierrez-Ray of Joe Coffee (Saturday @ 10:45 AM) and a tasting versus cupping demonstration by the team at Coffee Project NYC (Sunday @ 11:30 AM). All times EST. Click here for a complete list of programming.
- NYCF’s incredible cultural programming returns this year as well, including the Coffee Art Project, Coffee Music Project, and fundraising benefitting Project Waterfall. There’s also something delicious to be had at the Street Food Market, a charming coffee cocktail (or three) from Mr. Black, and dozens of exhibitors across two floors of the festival.
All this and so much more is waiting for you at the 2022 New York Coffee Festival. For a complete event guide, plus additional ticketing information and schedules, visit the official New York Coffee Festival homepage.
See all NYCF coverage on Sprudge.
Allegra Events is an advertising partner on Sprudge Media Network.