Welcome to Sprudge Jobs, a division of the Sprudge Media Network focused on hirings and availability from the best brands in specialty coffee. Interested in posting a job? Contact us.
- Linea Caffe – Baristas – San Francisco, California
- Espresso Specialists – Field Service Technicians – Brooklyn, New York
- Addictive Coffee Roasters – Sales Person – San Rafael, California
- Irving Farm Coffee Company – Head Roaster – Millerton, New York
- Olympia Coffee Roasting Company – Coffee Bar Manager – Olympia, Washington
- Moxie Coffee Co. – Baristas – Phoenix, Arizona
- Caravela Coffee – Green Coffee Sales Representative – Houston, Texas
- Supersweet Tattoos & Coffee – Barista/Assistant Shop Manager – Echo Park, California
- Java Love – Coffee Roaster – Suffern, New York
- The Shop at PERC – Manager – Savanah, Georgia
San Francisco, California
You heard right! Linea Caffe is hiring Baristas. We are hiring for both of our locations, 18th St in The Mission and Mariposa St in Potrero Hill.
Linea Caffe is passionate about hospitality, direct relationships with coffee growers, environmental stewardship, and preparing world renowned coffees to share with the community. We seek to spread happiness to our customers via great coffee and excellent service.
Must be available to work Thursdays – Mondays. Weekday shifts are 6:30am – 11:30am and 11:30am – 4:30pm. Weekend shifts are 7:30am – 12:30pm and 12:30pm – 5:30pm. Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
Posted: January 17th 2020
Field Service Technicians
Brooklyn, New York
We are hiring service techs!
Our highly qualified Field Service Technicians are an integral part of our success, providing value to our customers after the sale.
Your work will be performing service repairs and installs in the field at various customer sites in the Tri-State Area and in our workshop in Brooklyn, NY.
Duties include, but are not limited to
• Repair of commercial coffee equipment; espresso machines, grinders, brewers, water filtration systems and more.
• Read/follow sketches, schematics, blueprints, manufacturer’s specifications and maintenance manuals to determine troubleshooting procedure.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and perform repairs using troubleshooting methodology and diagnostic tools.
• Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to problem area, using hand tools and power tools.
• Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
• Test operation of equipment following repair.
• Train customer’s staff on operation of the equipment.
• Shop or Vehicle Clean-up and/or inventory; administrative duties
• Maintain company vehicle
• Organize and manage truck’s stock parts and tools
• Complete work orders & paperwork on computer in service truck
• Education – High School Diploma or GED
• Specialized training – Coffee knowledge/background
• Experience/interest – Mechanically inclined, likes to fix things, experience with tools.
• Exert force of 50-100 lbs. occasionally and able to lift 25-50 lbs. frequently.
Specific Skill Requirements
• Customer relation skills
• Must have a valid drivers license and insurable driving record
• Not afraid of getting hands dirty.
• Work after hours and weekends occasionally
• Can handle stressful situations
• Can handle a lot of driving
regular training, favorable work environment, partly medical & dental coverage, paid vacation & sick leave, and cell phone stipend. Pay is negotiable and depends on experience.
The Espresso Specialist Inc. is a Drug Free workplace and all job offers are contingent on passing a drug test.
The Espresso Specialist Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job Type. – Full-time
Education – High school or equivalent
Location – Brooklyn, NY or at our customers
Read more about us at here.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any question or please send your resume and we will look into it.
Posted: January 15th 2021
Addictive Coffee Roasters
San Rafael, California
Addictive Coffee Roasters is looking for a sales person with experience in the coffee or related industry to drive our growing company to the next level. You should be dedicated, goal and revenue focused, passionate coffee, and thrives in a fast paced start-up environment. Channels include corporate, hospitality, retail and wholesale, but are open to all new revenue opportunities. You must have a proven high performing sales track record preferably in the coffee/beverage industry. This position reports directly to the CEO. Do not apply unless you are local to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Key Responsibilities include
• Full sales cycle closing net-new or existing opportunities
• Close retail, wholesale, corporate and distributor deals with Addictive's core product line
• Build out presentations and material used for on-site or virtual sales
• Research accounts, identify key players and be the brand ambassador
• Develop pipeline, opportunities and forecast in Salesforce.com (CRM)
• Meet revenue goals and company expectations
● 2+ years sales experience in the coffee or beverage industry
● Experience with face-to-face sales; Retail/Grocery, Wholesale/Distribution, Corporate a plus
● Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
● Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
● Extremely positive attitude
● Ability to persuasively present a sales pitch
Job Type- Full Time – Not a Remote position
Compensation- Commensurate with Experience/Negotiable
If you are ready to show us your sales successes and be part of something awesome, send your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s do this!
Posted: January 14th 2021
Irving Farm Coffee Company
Millerton, New York
Irving Farm is looking for a talented Head Roaster to join our team in Millerton, NY. Our Head Roaster works with our Production Director and Coffee Director to roast and QC coffee in our state of the art roasting facility. This role is full time.
Objectives for this role
● Profile and roast coffees to achieve the highest possible quality and consistency
● Support the roastery and coffee leadership at large including:
● Backup for roastery/coffee leadership, as needed
● Roles and Responsibilities
● Production roasting
● Daily maintenance of all roasting equipment
● Loading and unloading freight at the roastery:
● Operating the forklift and maintaining a current Forklift Safety Certification
● Regular communication with the Director of Production
● Regular meetings and communication with the Director of Coffee
● Train and coach roasters
● Train other roastery staff on the forklift
● Create, adjust, and adapt roast profiles
For new coffees
As coffees age or change in moisture content
For changes from one roaster to another
● Ensure roasting team can follow the profiles for each coffee on each machine
● Work with the Director of Coffee to develop and manage blend recipes so that the coffees fall within the target flavor profiles
● Cup each roast for quality control
Train others on QC protocols as needed
● Pull any roast/batch of coffee or green that is not up to QC standards, analyze root cause (e.g. green, roasting, equipment), and alert factory head
● Share feedback on roasts and green
● The Head Roaster is responsible for training others on QC protocols and making sure that there is always a backup for QC
Provide backup and support
● Evaluate and approve Pre-ship and Arrival samples in the absence of the Director of Coffee
● Support production operations when needed at the discretion of the Director of Production
● Minimum 2 years coffee roasting experience
● Minimum 1 year coffee profiling experience
● Ability to stand and work for long periods up to 8 hours
● Ability to QC pre shipment and arrival samples
● Ability to work in high heat conditions
● Ability to bend and lift up to 100 lbs
● Ability to operate a forklift
● Q Grader certification
● Experience with Cropster
● Experience roasting on Probat, Loring and Deidrich machines
● Experience with a blending table
● Experience with daily roaster maintenance and cleaning
● $46,000-$56,000 annual salary DOE
● 2 weeks PTO annually
● Participation company healthcare plan after 90 days
● Participation in company 401K plan after 1 year
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted: January 13th 2021
Olympia Coffee Roasting Company
Olympia Coffee Roasting Company
Coffee Bar Manager
Olympia Coffee is an award winning, Olympia, Washington based coffee roaster and retailer with a quality of life mission.
The Coffee Bar Manager works as a member of Olympia Coffee’s Retail Team. The Cafe Manager is supervised by the Retail District Manager and works in close collaboration with the Retail Trainer and supervises a team of Baristas in operation of the coffee bar. The Coffee Bar Manager is responsible for managing their coffee bar’s operational and financial success.
● Ensuring the store is providing consistently excellent products and service, and that the environment is inviting, clean, and well stocked.
● Building a well-developed and high performing team that works together collaboratively and upholds the Olympia Coffee’s values.
● Promoting a positive staff morale and favorable image in the community as a local, hand crafted artisan brand.
● Bar Operation and Budgeting
● Perform barista tasks during scheduled shifts (15-20 hours per week): prepare drinks, provide an outstanding customer experience, operate point of sale, stock products, and clean store.
● Ensure clean, attractive, and inviting cafe environment.
● Create and execute plans to elevate product quality and customer experience, as well as minimize waste and reduce costs.
● Participate in financial goals of store including development and implementation of systems for increasing efficiency and profitability of the store.
● Monitor and manage labor levels to increase efficiency without sacrificing quality or customer experience.
● Maintain vendor relationships and keep products in stock by ordering products or communicating café inventory needs to Wholesale Department.
● Maintain relationships with bakeries, including placing orders, introducing new products, tracking and minimizing waste.
● Maintain scheduled preventative maintenance on all equipment, and ensure that all equipment is in proper working order.
● Troubleshoot small repairs and work with the retail director toward a resolution on larger repairs.
● Maintain safety of cafe environment and ensure proper handling and storage of food products.
Team Development and Education
● Recruit, hire, and supervise a team of baristas for coffee bar operation.
● Work closely with the Retail Trainer for initial and ongoing training for coffee bar team.
● Demonstrate leadership in coffee preparation, bar management, and hospitality.
● Create weekly schedules for coffee bar team, adjust hours and shift as necessary.
● Facilitate communication between coffee bar team and work any issues towards resolution.
● Maintain complete knowledge of all coffees and retail products, stay up-to-date on emerging products, promotions, and policies and ensure education of coffee bar team.
● Develop leadership within team including hiring and supervision of lead baristas.
● Educate and ensure coffee bar team is upholding company procedures and policies, use corrective action as necessary.
● Promote positive staff morale and relationships with staff members including honoring staff member company anniversaries.
● Maintain calendar of staff member reviews, including scheduling and facilitation of reviews.
● Passionate about coffee, great work ethic and desire to be at Olympia Coffee Roasting Co.
● Positive attitude, great communication, and strong leadership skills.
● Strong knowledge, background, and experience in coffee preparation, bar management and hospitality.
● Detail-oriented and excellent organization skills
● Ability to solve problems and prioritize important tasks
● Self-motivated with the ability to manage independently
● Capable of handling sensitive and confidential information
● Basic computer skills and technological troubleshooting
● Ability to manage projects and hold others accountable for job performance
● Competitive Pay Scale Based On Experience
● Paid Time Off – 3 weeks
● Full Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
● Mileage reimbursement for company errands
● Coffee benefits package
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 25th 2021.
Posted: January 13th 2020
Moxie Coffee Co.
Moxie Coffee Co. is a new coffee roastery & coffee shop launching in Phoenix, AZ. Anticipated open is March 2021. We are hiring both FT and PT baristas. For those who have experience in roasting or managing specialty coffee shops, we’re also open to hiring additional positions. Moxie’s focus is on sourcing and roasting the very best coffees we can find, and telling the stories and improving the livelihood of the resilient farmers who’ve produced them. We are seeking individuals who enjoy and are skilled at educating consumers and welcoming them into the specialty coffee community (without being pretentious). If you’re someone who loves specialty coffee, values empathy, takes pride in your work, and wants to be a part of a safe, stable, and fun working environment, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’d love to be a part of the Moxie team.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Posted: January 11th 2021
Green Coffee Sales Representative
Caravela Coffee is a team of over 200 hundred coffee professionals located in 11 different countries, with our own export operations in 7 Latin American countries and 4 import operations in Australia, North America, Taiwan and the UK. Our goal is ‘To Make Coffee Better’ for all of those involved, from the communities where coffee is grown to the coffee drinkers, based on five main principles: quality, transparency, traceability, education and sustainability.
What we do
Unlike most green coffee traders out there, we don’t just buy and sell coffee for a living. We connect the most talented coffee growers and the most professional coffee roasters, developing true partnerships that lead to improved quality, profitability and sustainability for the entire coffee chain.
How we do it
We achieve this by working directly with over 4 thousand small and medium sized coffee farmers in 7 Latin American countries, constantly providing them with education, technical assistance and access to the world’s best coffee roasters around the World, paying premium prices for their best coffees. The results are a better coffee world, with growers and the communities where they live receiving increased incomes and a higher quality of life and coffee consumers drinking a better and more sustainable product.
Our model has been validated as a high impact model by BCorp since 2014, being the highest rated coffee BCorp in the World. We have been named a ‘Best-For-the-World’ company by BLabs for five years in a row.
The Opportunity- North America Green Coffee Sales Representative
We are in the process of moving our North American headquarters to Houston, TX, where we plan to have a world class facility conveniently located close to our customers and our origin operations in Latin America. We are looking for a North America Green Coffee Sales Representative to help us bring the best Latin American coffees to our North American customers.
You are a crucial member of the North American team, responsible for ensuring that our customers are always receiving the best tasting and most consistent coffees from Latin America. You are a driven team player and multitasker that can liaise with multiple origins and customers, as well as the local traffic& logistics team, without compromising quality and details. You are a curious person willing to learn constantly on the go and propose new value drivers. You will report directly to the North American Managing Director
• Build a complete understanding of the company’s products and business model
• Generate opportunities and or appointments and by means of proactive outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our coffee to potential customers
• Use of strong selling and influencing skills to set up qualified opportunities
• Consistent use of sales approach and techniques
• Meet or exceed yearly sales targets
• Understand and communicate the entire product mix to customers
• Establish and develop close working relationships with coffee buying teams of customers, identifying customer profiles and preferences and communicate them clearly to our QA and origin teams
• Understand our customers’ needs and how we can help them achieve their goals
• Interact with our origin offices to develop new products and solutions for customers
• Have an active role in the curation and selection of coffees for our spot offerings
Marketing and Prospecting
• Work directly with marketing to discover opportunities from leads, and set opportunities or appointments from those leads
• Log, track and maintains prospect/customer contact and contact records
• Working closely with all sales functions, attend sales meetings, occasional training, host at local trade shows
• Represent Caravela in quality driven industry events, both in North America and abroad, such as CoE Competitions
• Strong passion for high quality coffee
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in an equivalent position as Sales Rep for a Green Coffee company
• Skilled cupper
• Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated
• Strong in-person, phone and written customer communication skills
• Very detail-oriented, meticulous and highly analytical
• Strong PC skills, including the use of Microsoft Office and cloud-based equivalents (e.g., Google Docs), as well as CRM systems
• Occasional travel required
• Spanish proficiency (reading, writing, speaking) is highly desirable
• We offer competitive compensation, based on experience
• Paid time off: 3 weeks
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401k, six months after initial employment
Caravela is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on a person’s race, color, religion, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, medical condition including pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Must Be Eligible To Work In The USA
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 30th.
Posted: January 6th 2020
Supersweet Tattoos & Coffee
Barista/Assistant Shop Manager
Echo Park, California
We’re looking for a hybrid who can grow with our company as a barista and assist our shop manager. We’re LA’s only tattoo/coffee shop, serving Sightglass Coffee, and need someone who is comfortable stepping into a role of everything a barista does (making coffee, interacting with customers, cleaning, restocking, taking inventory) as well as occasionally helping tattoo clients with bookings, keeping the shop organized and running the shop while the owners are away.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Info@supersweettattoo.com
Posted: January 4th 2021
Java Love Coffee Roasting Co.
Suffern, New York
About Java Love
Java Love Coffee Roasting Co., is a woman-owned artisan coffee roasting company with the mission of quality coffee done right and the passion of creating and connecting with our communities. Java Love’s flagship shop in Suffern, NY is where we lovingly roast the highest quality green coffee beans in small batches, and are committed to Coffee with Integrity, which means we focus on taking as little & giving as much as possible. We focus on creating opportunities through mindful support of local & global communities, and source only Organic, Sustainably Farmed, Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance & Water Processed green coffee beans, produced with respect for the environment and farmers.
About the Job
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and engaged coffee roaster to join our dynamic Suffern, NY production team. The ideal team member is passionate about coffee, customers and community – able to treat fellow team members and guests with respect, compassion and recognition. Availability should include mornings, evenings, and weekends. Interested candidates must be able to commit to at least one year in the role. Ability to perform all roaster operations including: roast coffee to specifications determined by Head Roaster, aide in upkeep and maintenance of roasting and production equipment, and continually help advance the craft and quality of roasting at Java Love Coffee Roasting Co.
• Oversee roaster operations, scheduling, direct daily roaster operations and work assignments.
• Communicate and inform manager(s) of daily activity and issues.
• Schedule all roasts to ensure smooth production flow and to meet inventory requirements.
• Maintain roaster according to established procedures and guidelines – making adjustments as needed to ensure quality.
• Monitor each roast, making specific adjustments to roaster settings as needed to ensure consistent roast quality.
• Log daily production roasts and assist in creation of monthly and yearly roast reports.
• Manage and maintain all certification documentation (RFA, Fair Trade, Organic, Swiss Water …)
• Prepare various coffee blends according to established proprietary formulas.
• Transfer of roasted coffee to appropriate production stations (bagging, grinding, shipping) to ensure efficient and safe work flow.
• Notify production staff of roasted coffee status (variety, amount, special instructions …)
• Actively participate in established roasting quality standards.
• Actively participate in regular coffee tastings to ensure quality standards.
• Assist in training new team members as required.
• Perform all data entry functions and able to make changes and/or adjustments in online, wholesale and roast planning as needed.
• Clean and perform regular maintenance on roaster and other production equipment per maintenance schedules and/or as directed by manager(s).
• Set up and maintain roaster documents and procedures.
• Perform all related job duties as required.
• Must have previous experience in production environment with flexibility to meet changing production schedules and job assignments without close supervision.
• Must have a strong interest in coffee and willingness to expand knowledge base.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate in a timely manner.
• Excellent math skills and computer experience.
• Must be able to read and understand equipment manuals.
• Excellent mechanical skills to troubleshoot and support roasters for full operation to minimize machine and production downtime.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a fast-paced team.
• Experience in leading or motivating teams.
• Must demonstrate flexibility to meet quickly changing production schedules and job assignments that may involve extended or overtime hours.
• Ability to learn coffee roasting profiles and quality standards of Java Love Coffee Roasting Co.
• Ability to perform daily physical requirements such as standing, walking, bending, and stooping in addition to the ability to lift up 25 to 100 pounds throughout work day.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Java Love Coffee Roasting Co. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Java Love Coffee Roasting Co. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@javaloveroasters.com
Posted: January 4th 2020
The Shop at PERC is our customer-facing side of PERC’s headquarters and roastery. More than a coffee shop, this is how we connect with people at all different stages in their coffee journey. The Shop manager leads a team of Savannah’s best baristas and keeps the Shop on track administratively, operationally, and logistically.
Barista and management experience required. ServSafe Food Safety Manager certification required upon starting. Weekend availability required!
Please apply here.
Posted: December 24th 2020