Welcome to Sprudge Jobs, a division of the Sprudge Media Network focused on hirings and availability from the best brands in specialty coffee. Interested in posting a job? Contact us.
- Sons Coffee – Production Roaster – Fort Worth, Texas
- Sustainable Harvest – QC Assistant & Customer Support – Portland, Oregon
- PERC Coffee – Front of House Manager – Atlanta, Georgia
- Bkon – Cold Brew Production Assistant – Moorestown, New Jersey
- Olympia Coffee Roasting Company – Retail Director – Olympia and Seattle, Washington
- Baratza – Customer Support/Operations – Bellevue, Washington
- Fellow – Content Coordinator – San Francisco, California
- Dawson Taylor Coffee Roasters – Store Manager – Boise, Idaho
- Java Love Coffee Roasting Co. – Coffee Roaster – Suffern, New York
- Driftaway Coffee – Customer Service Representative – Brooklyn, New York
- Spin Cycle Coffee – Director of Operations – New York, New York
- La Terza – Head of Maintenance & Equipment Specialist – Cincinnati, Ohio
- Melitta North America – Green Coffee Procurement Manager – Cherry Hill, New Jersey
- Northeastern Coffee Equipment – Experienced Espresso Technician – Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Parlor Coffee – Account Manager – Brooklyn, New York
- Dolce Neve – Field Service Technician – San Francisco, California
- Red Bay Coffee – Production Roaster – Oakland, California
Fort Worth, Texas
At Sons Coffee, we set out to be amongst the best roasters in the country. From sourcing the unique coffees to constantly challenging ourselves in the way that we roast and our understanding of our third-wave coffee. We are a three-year-old company with an incredible team and looking to grow that team.
The production roaster is very involved in every expects of the roasting process at Sons, performs a variety of duties relating to the roasting, packaging, and quality assurance of Sons Coffee’s products. This individual directly influences the integrity of coffee from green to roasted and ensures that all roasts are profiled to optimize taste, quality, and freshness. The ideal candidate has prior experience roasting specialty coffee and has developed sensory perception and analytical skills.
Visit our Instagram. to learn a little bit more about our operations.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com>
Posted: September 21st 2020
QC Assistant & Customer Support
Sustainable Harvest is a specialty coffee importer whose mission is to improve the livelihoods of coffee farming families around the globe. Since our founding in 1997, the company has partnered with over 200,000 smallholder farmers, helping them gain access to premium markets and increased incomes. Sustainable Harvest’s relationship-based model delivers the world’s finest, most responsibly sourced coffees to leading brands. This innovative approach creates shared value throughout the supply chain, and led the G20 to recognize the company with an award for Inclusive Business in 2012. From 2015 to 2019, Sustainable Harvest, a Certified B Corporation, has been honored by B Lab as a Best for the World company. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, the company has offices in Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Rwanda, and the UK.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic person who wants to become an expert in coffee, acting as an ambassador of Sustainable Harvest and our commitment to fostering relationships between coffee buyers and producers. This is an entry-level position supporting our Quality Control program and enhancing our customer experience. It requires teamwork, a great attitude, and a commitment to service and collaboration.
This role reports to the Quality Control Manager and will collaborate with multiple teams within Sustainable Harvest, such as Traffic, Sales, and Supply.
Sustainable Harvest offers a generous benefits package which will be discussed during your onboarding.
Due to Covid-19, the Sustainable Harvest team is currently working remotely. This position will require on-site work in a temporary shared office space 1-2 days per week where strict social distancing procedures will be in place. Once able to return safely to working in an office, this position will be based full time on-premise.
Responsibilities – QC Support
• Maintain a clean and organized coffee lab.
• Keep team members up to date on all quality control issues. Support with customer follow up and supplier feedback.
• Participate in and lead cupping sessions for customers and Sustainable Harvest employees.
• Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of lab equipment, such as grinders and sample roasters. Perform regular calibration of equipment to ensure measurements and data are precise.
• Manage green coffee sample inventory, including labeling, organizing, and maintaining a clean work and storage space.
• Provide weekly internal updates related to quality control and samples.
• Provide new ideas and execute initiatives to improve our performance around supplier feedback and customer service.
• Receive and process green samples in order of arrival and priority.
• Prepare and clean up cupping sessions.
• Perform analysis of green coffee samples to measure and record density, water activity, moisture, and defects. Conduct UV light analysis.
• Communicate with warehouse partners to provide timely updates on sample status. Order samples and maintain a log of tracking information for customer follow up.
• Label, package, and send samples to customers on behalf of the Sales team.
• Maintain a detailed sample log through our traceable tracking system.
• Manage inventory of spot samples and keep sampling and shipping supplies stocked.
• Promptly communicate approvals and rejections to suppliers.
Responsibilities – Logistics Support
• Accurately and thoroughly enter documents sent from warehouse partners. Support the Traffic team with warehouse follow-up and communications.
Responsibilities – Sales/Customer Support
• Filter and respond to inbound email inquiries in a timely manner.
• Support the Sales team in delivering an exceptional and relationship-based customer service experience through sample management.
• Develop and maintain a knowledge of Spot coffee inventory.
• Fluency in English.
• Intermediate proficiency in Spanish or bilingual is preferred.
• Experience in cupping and sensory analysis is preferred, but not required.
• High level of organization and attention to detail.
• Analytic and goal-oriented.
• Flexibility and willingness to learn.
• Able to communicate across all levels in the organization and give excellent customer service.
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment that includes foreign stakeholders and language barriers.
• Travel up to 10% domestically and internationally is required.
Please treat the desired qualifications for this position as a guide rather than a prescriptive set of requirements. While these qualifications help inform the type of work you will be asked to perform at Sustainable Harvest, we value diverse experiences and willingness to learn in our hiring process. If you do not meet the minimum qualifications but believe that you would be a great fit for this role, we encourage you to apply.
Sustainable Harvest is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Sustainable Harvest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family or parental status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics by federal, state or local law. Sustainable Harvest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: September 17th 2020
Front of House Manager
We’re looking for a leader ready for a challenging fast-paced environment full of driven coffee professionals. PERC’s H2 shop is equal parts coffee shop and restaurant, dedicated to serving the East Lake community with a COVID-safe model. If you have a passion for food and coffee, the organization and patience for the managerial tasks that keep the lights on, and the leadership skills to convince people they want to wash the dishes, mop the floors, and clean the toilets, we want to hear from you! Apply directly at perccoffee.com/careers
Lead the front of house teams to establishing PERC at H2, reaching steady-state profitability with excited loyal customers. Develop and grow leaders ready to take on more responsibility at H2 and in future locations.
• Set the warm, approachable, “we take our coffee seriously but not ourselves” climate for both employees and customers
• Ensure compliance with all food safety standards, health codes, and regulations
• Conduct all FOH inventory management, ordering/purchasing, and waste monitoring
• Create FOH employee schedules, including off-site events, demos, pop-ups, and training
• Conduct FOH labor management including entering hours into Just Works, monitoring labor costs, settling disputes, and enforcing compliance with regulations and PERC policy
• Create, implement, and revise SOPs for FOH operations and contribute to combined FOH/BOH operations SOPs
• Track shop performance via point of sale data
• Conduct monthly counseling with FOH employees and establish a formal sponsorship/mentorship program
• Schedule, conduct or oversee, and track employee training including internal FOH/BOH and external certifications
• Maintain employee personnel files via Just Works
• Run FOH hiring and onboarding process including forecasting employee shortfalls, reviewing applications, conducting interviews, and completing onboarding process in accordance with PERC SOP
• Training FOH employees to become managers at PERC locations
Key performance indicators include
• Total customers per month
• Customer retention
• Average tip percentage (as a proxy for customer service)
• Employee retention
• Average revenue per customer
• Coffee and milk waste
• FOH labor costs as a percentage of revenues
• Barista experience or strong coffee background preferred; passion required
• Kitchen experience or strong baking and cooking background preferred; passion required
• Food Safety Manager certification
• Experience providing professional development, counseling, and feedback
• Strong initiative, organization, self-management, and autonomous decision-making
• Ability to write clear, concise, and professional correspondence and reports
Please apply here.
Posted: September 15th 2020
Cold Brew Production Assistant
Moorestown, New Jersey
Would you like to be a part of the team of a flourishing young company, working amongst skilled, dedicated individuals? Are you passionate about coffee, tea, craft beer, an occasional ping pong match and all the free coffee you could possibly drink? Do you like cold brew coffee and getting your hands dirty? If you've answered YES, then you would be a great fit for our growing start-up. BKON is an industry-leading extraction technology company specializing in cold brew concentrate manufacturing and beverage equipment development.
We're seeking an enthusiastic and diligent individual with a passion for the food and beverage industry. The production assistant position will assist in processing and brewing thousands of gallons of delicious coffee daily.
The production assistant will be responsible for grinding coffee, brewing & filtering extract, packaging extract (totes, cans, kegs), CIP operation, inventory management, forklift operation, and general cleaning.
One year in food and/or beverage manufacturing is preferred, along with some knowledge of CIP and COP procedures. Forklift certification is a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com>
Posted: September 10th 2020
Olympia Coffee Roasting Company
Olympia and Seattle, Washington
The Retail Director is responsible for all aspects of the store operations, including overall cafe performance and achievement of all company objectives within their district. The Retail Director reports to the CEO. The Retail Director is responsible for leading our mission to improve the quality of life for farmers, staff, and customers and upholding our values of determination, excellence, teamwork, and feedback in their role.
• Manages retail store managers
• Builds and maintains systems for retail operations that meet mission and goals
• Responsible for the achievement of sales and P&L performance
• Cultivates environment and standards where every guest, every time, enjoys an exceptional customer experience
• Motivates staff to develop thorough coffee and product knowledge
• Oversees the merchandising processes to ensure that standards are maintained, and signage and pricing vehicles are current and clear
• Works with Human Resources and Accounting team to monitor cafe payroll and expenses
• Monitors staffing and works with managers to ensure scheduling aligns with overall business needs and customer traffic trends
• Partners with Human Resources to ensure all open positions are filled by quality team members with flexible availability and strong customer service skills
• Continually develops direct reports to improve management skills, prepare for increased responsibilities, and desire upward mobility
• Works with Human Resources on legal compliance, compensation, and employee performance matters, and educates direct reports accordingly
• Reacts quickly to business needs, adeptly identifies business opportunities, effectively partners with other departments and companies as needed to troubleshoot issues and maximize possibilities
• Assumes Café Manager responsibilities as needed
• Enthusiastically supports the team, especially amidst competing priorities
• Embraces and leads a positive work culture where all employees are respected and strive to be their best every day, in every way
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• 3-5 years of Retail Management
• Multi-location Retail Management Experience
• Competitive Pay
• 3 Weeks PTO
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Paid Sick Days
• Paid Volunteer Hours
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23rd 2020.
Posted: September 10th 2020
Baratza, the leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, precision burr coffee grinders for the home, is looking to hire a new Customer Support/Operations person for our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
The Baratza Operations and Customer Support team is known for exceptional customer support. We troubleshoot and fix grinders both over the phone and via email so that our customers have minimal downtime between a broken grinder and brewing great coffee. Processing orders for new grinders, refurbs, or parts so we can get them out the door quickly is also critical to our operations. We are searching for a full-time dedicated team player to join our team who is detail-oriented for the administrative aspect of the work and enjoys assisting customers with their solid verbal and written communication skills. You HAVE to love to help people to be successful in this role!
Key duties include
Provide exceptional technical support by phone and email for wholesale and retail customers.
• Enjoy working with people on the phone
• Professional and personable via email
• Ability to build positive relationships with team members/co-workers
• Ability to be patient and positive with frustrated, (and sometimes) annoyed customers.
• Demonstrated interest and knowledge in the Specialty Coffee industry, especially grinding and brewing coffee.
• Ability to connect with people for where they are in their coffee/grinder knowledge
• Flexible, with the ability to handle multiple commitments, prioritize and manage time efficiently with minimal guidance.
• Good typist with excellent written communication skills
• Interest and proficiency in modern technology/computers would be a plus
• Self–motivated with the internal drive to begin and continue tasks without external prodding or extra rewards or supervision.
• Ability to sit at a computer or on the phone for long stretches.
• Can work in close quarters with others.
The work is mainly in the office, while currently following appropriate health and safety guidelines for Covid-19 and social distancing. After the first 6 weeks of training there may be some flexibility around working from home.
This is a full-time hourly position with health insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401k plan.
Please write and tell us why you think you’d be the person we want to join our small team to support our fast-growing customer base. Please enclose an up to date resume detailing your wonderful skills, talents and experience. Email to pierce@Baratza.com
Posted: September 4th 2020
San Francisco, California
The content coordinator will support the marketing team on content and growth marketing efforts. They will report directly to the senior content manager and assist with creating educational coffee content, social community management, and conversion copywriting across all platforms.
Fellow is a product design company rooted in specialty coffee that focuses on enhancing and simplifying the brewing process and experience. We began as a Kickstarter campaign in 2013, opened our flagship store in 2017 in San Francisco’s Mission District, and are now a fast-growing team of 27. We are a supportive team that continually tries to push and inspire each other to create products that people love to use and show off.
What you’ll do
• Own the blog – concepting, research, and writing. Manage freelance writers when needed.
• Write copy for web, email marketing, digital advertising, retail signage, social, and wholesale materials
• Assist Sr. Content Manager with day-to-day communication with influencers, affiliate program, and UGC (user generated content) campaigns
• Online community management – Manage social media communities to ensure all direct messages, comments, and questions are answered appropriately
• Coffee education – own educational coffee content creation across multiple channels (blog, packaging, social, video)
• Ensure all copy meets highest standards for voice, narrative, and SEO
• Manage barista sponsorships
• Contribute to the overall development and growth of the Fellow brand
• 1-3 years of professional copywriting
• 1-3 years of social media experience & working with influencers
• 1-3 years of specialty coffee experience (specialty coffee knowledge is a requirement)
• Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
• A strong creative spirit that can carry Fellow’s brand voice through all content
• Experience writing for a blog or planning blog content
• Informed on latest social media trends and up-to-date with the competitive market
• Thrives in a collaborative, ever-evolving work environment
• Extremely organized and able to focus on multiple deadline-driven projects at one time
About the team
While we’re currently working from home right now due to COVID-19, you’ll eventually be working out of our industrial-style office in SF’s Mission District.
Marketing at Fellow is integral to the organization. We are a collaborative, high-output team and our work touches every part of the business from early product design to post-purchase support.
You will be the eighth full-time member of our marketing team, working for experienced copywriters, marketers, and designers who care about your career growth.
• Competitive compensation package
• Paid PTO plan
• Health/Dental/Vision insurance
• Commuter benefits
• Company employee equity plan
• 401k with 3% company contribution
• The best office coffee, anywhere :)
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing examples with subject line “Content Coordinator” to email@example.com
Posted: September 3rd 2020
Dawson Taylor Coffee Roasters
Downtown Store Manager
The Dawson Taylor family is made of a group of passionate, driven, thoughtful humans who can stand the heat, handle ambiguity, and set and achieve goals. We power through challenges and reward performance. We are outdoor enthusiasts, friends, family, artists, coffee obsessed, leaders, and community contributors. Together, we have created an exceptional reputation for coffee excellence and culture in Boise, ID.
Our culture is casual, fun, and electric. Our organizational style is customer-driven, meaningfully connected, passionate, smart, and community minded. Our driving mission is to provide the best coffee, experience, education, and service in the world.
Come work with us! We are looking for a Store Manager to join our growing team of inspiring and motivated coffee lovers. Are you a driven, customer service fanatic, who loves to sell? This position requires someone who loves people, numbers, and a strong desire to be a member of the community and grow our business.
About the Position
• The Store Manager ensures the store is providing consistent excellent customer service and product quality, and that the store is inviting, clean, and well-stocked.
• Responsible for hiring, training, and developing a high performing team to reach the café’s financial goals.
• Ensure team consistently and proudly delivers superior coffee and unforgettable customer service at every opportunity
• Maintain complete knowledge of all coffee and retail products, stay up to date on emerging initiatives, promotions, and policies and communicate to the barista team accordingly.
• Drive top line financial goals and support marketing initiatives. Develop and implement systems for increasing operational efficiency and profitability of the store while improving the bottom line and controlling costs
• Recruit, hire, train and supervise a team of baristas by working with the HR manager. Promote ongoing training and development of team to include providing regular feedback, development, and conducting formal reviews
• Construct and manage weekly schedules for the employees.
• Facilitate all personnel grievances in accordance with the company’s grievance procedures.
• Able to occasionally lift 25-60 lbs.
• Annual salary DOE to include tips and incentive bonuses
• Must be available to work flexible hours; this may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, or holidays.
The Qualified Candidate
• Passionate about coffee, great work ethic, and desire to be at Dawson Taylor
• Positive attitude, strong communication and leadership skills
• Prefer three (3) years of supervision or retail management experience. Specialty café/roastery experience a plus!
• Demonstrate the ability to multitask while providing necessary attention to detail
• Demonstrate the ability to successfully oversee a team with a positive attitude, great communication, and strong leadership skills, while engaging in self-directed resourcefulness
• Demonstrate an exceptional ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external clients while providing high levels of service by communicating clear and timely responses to issues, requests, problems and regular reporting
Contact Human Resources for a full job description. Pre-employment drug test and background check required.
Benefits include medical, dental, flex plan, company paid life insurance, 401(k) with match, 529 College Savings Plan with match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), paid holidays, PTO, referral bonuses, product discounts, gym membership reimbursement, Perks @ Work and so much more.
Hayden Beverage Co. is a rapidly growing beverage distribution company headquartered in Boise, ID, with 450+ employees in Idaho, Eastern Washington, and Montana. Founded in 1970, primarily focusing on Beer, Wine, Red Bull and other non-alcohol beverages, our goals are to be the best executing distributor of any product in the Northwest and to make our customers profitable.
Posted: September 1st 2020
Java Love Coffee Roasting Co.
Suffern, New York
Java Love Coffee Roasting Co., is a woman-owned artisan coffee roasting company with the mission of quality coffee done right and the passion of creating and connecting with our communities. Java Love’s flagship shop in Suffern, NY is where we lovingly roast the highest quality green coffee beans in small batches, and are committed to Coffee with Integrity, which means we focus on taking as little & giving as much as possible. We focus on creating opportunities through mindful support of local & global communities, and source only Organic, Sustainably Farmed, Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance & Water Processed green coffee beans, produced with respect for the environment and farmers.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and engaged coffee roaster to join our dynamic Suffern, NY production team. The ideal team member is passionate about coffee, customers and community – able to treat fellow team members and guests with respect, compassion and recognition. Availability should include mornings, evenings, and weekends. Interested candidates must be able to commit to at least one year in the role. Ability to perform all roaster operations including: roast coffee to specifications determined by Head Roaster, aide in upkeep and maintenance of roasting and production equipment, and continually help advance the craft and quality of roasting at Java Love Coffee Roasting Co.
• Oversee roaster operations, scheduling, direct daily roaster operations and work assignments.
• Communicate and inform manager(s) of daily activity and issues.
• Schedule all roasts to ensure smooth production flow and to meet inventory requirements.
• Maintain roaster according to established procedures and guidelines – making adjustments as needed to ensure quality.
• Monitor each roast, making specific adjustments to roaster settings as needed to ensure consistent roast quality.
• Log daily production roasts and assist in creation of monthly and yearly roast reports.
• Manage and maintain all certification documentation (RFA, Fair Trade, Organic, Swiss Water …)
• Prepare various coffee blends according to established proprietary formulas.
• Transfer of roasted coffee to appropriate production stations (bagging, grinding, shipping) to ensure efficient and safe work flow.
• Notify production staff of roasted coffee status (variety, amount, special instructions …)
• Actively participate in established roasting quality standards.
• Actively participate in regular coffee tastings to ensure quality standards.
• Assist in training new team members as required.
• Perform all data entry functions and able to make changes and/or adjustments in online, wholesale and roast planning as needed.
• Clean and perform regular maintenance on roaster and other production equipment per maintenance schedules and/or as directed by manager(s).
• Set up and maintain roaster documents and procedures.
• Perform all related job duties as required.
• Must have previous experience in production environment with flexibility to meet changing production schedules and job assignments without close supervision.
• Must have a strong interest in coffee and willingness to expand knowledge base.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate in a timely manner.
• Excellent math skills and computer experience.
• Must be able to read and understand equipment manuals.
• Excellent mechanical skills to troubleshoot and support roasters for full operation to minimize machine and production downtime.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a fast-paced team.
• Experience in leading or motivating teams.
• Must demonstrate flexibility to meet quickly changing production schedules and job assignments that may involve extended or overtime hours.
• Ability to learn coffee roasting profiles and quality standards of Java Love Coffee Roasting Co.
• Ability to perform daily physical requirements such as standing, walking, bending, and stooping in addition to the ability to lift up 25 to 100 pounds throughout work day.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Java Love Coffee Roasting Co. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Java Love Coffee Roasting Co. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@javaloveroasters.com
Posted: September 1st 2020
Customer Service Representative
Brooklyn, New York
About The Company
Driftaway Coffee is a profitable and fast-growing eCommerce company that delivers freshly roasted coffee personalized to the taste of their customers. We want everyone to drink better coffee at home. We offer a coffee subscription service whereby customers receive freshly roasted coffee based on their taste profile. We are well-funded by our customers, and have been covered in various publications like The TODAY Show, WSJ, Wirecutter from NY Times, Boston Globe, and Inc. magazine.
How We Think About Customer Service
We work tirelessly to delight customers as often and creatively as possible. Measuring customer happiness can be tricky, but we believe that a really fast and personal response inherently makes people happy. We want to hold ourselves to a high standard – we strive to resolve the majority of tickets within 24 hours.
We want you to geek out on improving Driftaway, so after we listen and respond to our customers, we use data to organize, prioritize and share insights with the Product and Operations teams.
We also strive for that great balance of being a team that feels like a family. That means we share feedback regularly, support each other's self-improvement efforts, and take mistakes as opportunities to learn together.
About The Job
As a customer service representative, you will respond to customer inquiries from 8am – 6pm M-F over live chat, phone, text message, email and social media. This is a full-time role, and compensation is salaried. Health benefits are available and 100% covered.
• Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the established SLA.
• Quickly and thoroughly solve problems for customers about deliveries and transactions
• Know our products and website thoroughly to offer advice and help customers navigate order placement and account management tasks on the website
• Create and improve help desk articles on the help desk portal to optimize the customer support experience
• Report customer service metrics on a weekly basis.
• Pass feedback from customers to the tech, marketing, coffee and operations teams.
• 2+ years of experience in customer service over email & phone
• A friendly demeanor, empathetic tone and positive attitude.
• A problem solving mindset, and are able to troubleshoot the customer’s issue and solve it, especially website and system related.
• Must speak and write excellent English.
• Experience with an online Customer service tool like Zendesk / Freshdesk etc.
• Commute to the office in Greenpoint, Brooklyn at least once or twice a week (after the COVID-19 rules are eased).
Nice To Have
• Past experience doing customer service for online brands / eCommerce is a huge plus
• Familiarity with Woo Commerce and Shipstation would be great.
• Experience in coffee
Job Type – Full-time
Pay – $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year (based on experience)
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: August 26th 2020
Spin Cycle Coffee
Director of Operations
New York, New York
Spin Cycle Coffee is a fresh micro roaster looking to bring happiness and joy, in the form of just roasted specialty coffee, to the Upper West Side of Manhattan during these dark and uncertain times. Seriously, people need something to get excited about and we think we’re it! With a focus on superior quality and an excellent customer experience, we aim to create a balance of luxury and value through a variety of offerings, from exotic micro lots to exclusive signature blends. We will always seek to push the boundaries of the coffee experience through experimentation and an intense focus on customer feedback. Our initial emphasis will be on fresh roasted, high quality coffee sold in store and online. Additional menu items and a large, inviting seating area will be added later to create an engaging, lively and always welcoming gathering space for the entire community. Quality, cleanliness and a positive customer experience, whether in person or online, are the top priority. We’re looking for a vivacious, intelligent, fastidious and capable manager to help build this business from the ground up. If you’re an organized problem solver that works well with others, has a sunny disposition and wants to help create a new business with the opportunity to provide input at every level, keep reading.
Some initial responsibilities will include
• Engaging with patrons to provide education and excellent customer service
• Green coffee sourcing
• Business development
• Inventory management
• Equipment maintenance
• Menu planning and development
• Social media and initial marketing
And some requirements
• At least 3 years’ experience at the management level
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
• Excellent barista skills
• Highly motivated and responsible
• Eagerness to learn
• Prior roasting experience preferred
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
• NYC Food Protection Certificate
Offering a competitive salary and performance-based bonuses. Professional development opportunities available and encouraged.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Posted: August 26th 2020
Head of Maintenance & Equipment Specialist
La Terza is seeking to hire a new Head of Maintenance & Equipment Specialist to support our growing team!
La Terza’s mission is to supply coffee shops and cafes with everything they need to create successful community spaces. This includes providing shops with expertise in coffee training, sales and maintenance of coffee equipment, and ongoing support for their staff and coffee machines. As we grow and expand, we are looking to add a new member to our (awesome!) team that will help us serve our partners ever better. If you are a self-starter with a “can do!” attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit, come work with us! We are hiring for a full-time role and would like to fill the position quickly.
As Head of Maintenance, you would manage our maintenance department, including the sales and installs of all new and used machines and coordination of routine preventative maintenance appointments with all of our accounts. You would act as La Terza’s key Equipment Specialist and would be responsible for troubleshooting problems on machines (both internally and at all of our accounts) as our in-house maintenance technician. Because we are a small, nimble team of people who are committed to doing whatever it takes to accomplish shared goals, we are looking for someone who can wear multiple hats, and is flexible and disciplined enough to get the job done with excellence.
This is a full-time, salaried role, and when you join our team, you’ll receive
• Paid vacation time and paid holidays
• Company vehicle and phone
• The opportunity to learn and grow alongside other coffee professionals with years of experience in the industry
We pride ourselves on our awesome team culture… Everyone on our team operates under the umbrella of respect & honor towards one another, our clients, and our partners. If you would like to be part of our team, we would love for you to apply!
Candidates for this position should have strong troubleshooting skills and familiarity with many the brands we service including
• Wilbur Curtis
• La Marzocco
• Nuova Simonelli
• La Spaziale
Not required (but extremely beneficial!) traits include
• Knowledge of coffee equipment including (but not limited to) espresso machines, grinders, and brewers
• Superb organization skills; The ability to manage one’s own schedule efficiently
• Great driving record
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Reliability and dependability; Can follow through on tasks with excellence
• Sales experience and entrepreneurial spirit
• Professional, courteous demeanor while interfacing with clients and with the team
Every applicant will be considered! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter explaining why you believe you’d be a good fit for the role. We can’t wait to work with you in pursuit of phenomenal coffee and community!
Posted: August 26th 2020
Melitta North America
Green Coffee Procurement Manager
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Melitta North America is seeking a highly energetic and experienced Green Coffee Procurement Manager. In this position the successful candidate will implement and oversee the Green Coffee Supply Chain strategy and ensure uninterrupted quality supply of green to support the growing business. The Green Coffee Procurement Manager will also support the B2B coffee product development, coffee education and training program, and will support the quality teams as an active and established cupper. The Green Coffee Procurement Manager will play an active role in the Business Development Process. This process will involve participating in prospective customer meetings, blend matching and development and coffee training. The successful candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience with green coffee procurement strategies, will be highly proficient in cupping (Q grader would be preferred), and will preferably have experience in the food service and retail segments.
• Leads the development of the long-term coffee buying strategies for Melitta North America
• Develops a green coffee purchasing strategy within a defined cost structure and quality requirements
• Continuous observation of the world green coffee market
• Determine average price for certain coffee qualities and ascertain the right time to purchase.
• Ensure timely availability of green bean to ensure continuous production in line with requirement planning.
• Forecasting requirements of future coffee needs and identifying risk areas to insure a smooth flow of inbound green coffee to the plant.
• Establish and coordinate an efficient logistics flow of coffee from country of origin to plant.
• Regularly generate data pertaining to coffee purchasing and provide information regarding coffee positioning (price, quantity, quality).
• In tandem with B2B coffee team, develop, maintain and refine brewed coffee recipes for B2B and Food Service, profiles as needed.
• Active involvement in Business Development Process. Attending prospect and customers meetings as needed.
• Active involvement in building and maintaining Sustainability Programs at origin.
• Active involvement in NCA, SCA, and Roasters Guild.
• Attend relevant industry trade shows/functions.
• 10 + years of successful experience in green coffee procurement
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in wide range of trade channels.
• Proficient at coffee cupping. Q Grader is preferred.
• Travel experience to coffee origins.
• High Energy with a strong track record of coffee blend matching and development
• Proficient Computer Skills
• Reports to the CFO
If interested, please contact GreenCoffee@melitta.com or call (727) 524-4813.
Posted: August 24th 2020
Northeastern Coffee Equipment
Experienced Espresso Technician
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Enjoy Boston, MA, Portland, ME, Providence RI and all points in between. Northeastern Coffee Equipment is a small espresso and quality focused equipment repair and sales company that covers all of New England. We are adding an experienced Espresso Technician to our team.
Successful candidates should have strong electrical experience, troubleshooting skills and experience on some, or all, of the brands we service including:
La Marzocco, Nuova SImonelli, Kees Van der Westin, Mavam, Marco, Slayer, Wilbur Curtis, Franke, Fetco, Mod Bar
The Covid crisis has impacted our industry, but our customer base is steady and open for business.
Our techs work between 40-50hrs per week and avoid the burn out that comes with 80 hr weeks and early Sunday morning calls. The majority of our work is preventative maintenance. Overtime or weekend emergency work is rare.
We are a small family oriented company and strive for a positive life-work balance and improving what we do everyday. We take care of our customers and our team.
Must love dogs.
Email your experience and interest to email@example.com.
Posted: August 21st 2020
Brooklyn, New York
Parlor is the sum of its parts: a close-knit team dedicated to raising the bar of coffee culture in and beyond New York City by sourcing, roasting, and delivering the finest coffees to enthusiasts and wholesale partners across the globe.
We’ve become the company we are today thanks to the contributions and dedication of every employee we've had the pleasure of working with. We’re bound by the belief that our success is propelled by a collective commitment to quality coffee, quality work, and quality relationships.
We are a team of professionals eager to share our diverse experience and industry insight. We are roasters, educators, and above all, experts with an uncompromising taste for quality.
Our distinctive wholesale program is focused on elevating the standard for partnership between roaster and operator, striving together to advance the standard for excellent coffee from seed to cup.
Parlor’s account management team provides unparalleled support, knowledge, and education for our wholesale accounts. Above all, a Parlor account manager is a field representative of our ideals. Their primary focus is on building strong relationships and maintaining healthy channels of communication with an eye towards the ever-evolving needs of our partners.
An account manager’s core responsibilities include, yet are not limited to, the following
• Maintain best practices and standard operating procedures
• Strive for our wholesale partners’ long-term sustainability
• Lead introductory and advanced barista education
• Provide thorough and extensive knowledge of Parlor’s seasonal offerings menu as well as all supporting services
• Resolve issues in a timely fashion with constructive solutions
• Support quality control in the field
• Manage customer records on a consistent, timely, and ongoing basis
• Report weekly to Relationship Manager
An account manager’s qualifications include, yet are not limited to, the following
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Proficient barista skills
• Displayed passion and enthusiasm for coffee
• Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail
• Willingness to travel as needed
• Minimum of one year in a management position, or equivalent, in the specialty coffee industry preferred
• Residence in, or willingness to relocate to, New York City
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule
• Prompt, effective, and respectful communication with all accounts and members of the Parlor team
• Position requires equipment installation and movement on occasion, including the repeated lifting up to fifty pounds
• Candidate with a driver’s license and clean driving record preferred
This is an hourly position. Pay is commensurate with experience. Compensation and schedule will be reviewed after 90-days on the job. Two weeks of paid vacation are awarded after six months of employment.
Parlor is an equal opportunity employer. We promote and encourage diversity and inclusiveness in our hiring and employment practices. We accept resumes on a rolling basis and post job openings as they arise.
Thank you for considering a career with Parlor.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: August 17th 2020
Field Service Technician
San Francisco Bay Area, California
Dolce Neve, Inc. is seeking to hire a Specialty Coffee & Espresso Equipment Field Service Technicians for our team in the San Francisco Bay Area!
Join us in the growing Specialty Coffee Industry
For the past 25 years we have been working and growing with the Specialty Coffee Industry throughout the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. We repair and install Coffee & Espresso Equipment, Water Filtration Systems, and are a Wholesale Equipment Provider. Our home office is open throughout the week to service Bay Area commercial and home equipment and to dispatch Our Coffee & Espresso Equipment Service Technicians to retailers, restaurants, offices, and residential customers throughout Northern California.
Qualifications we desire in an Espresso / Coffee Equipment Service Technician
Specialty Coffee & Espresso Equipment Service Technicians are unique in their class. We spend many months training in the Field, In-House, and at Manufacturer Trainings. We prefer candidates with Specialty Coffee Experience
Our employees have come from a wide skill-set: Veterans of the US Military, HVAC, Electrical Mechanics, and Motorcycle Mechanics, Baristas, and Culinary Arts.
We are willing to train passionate and mechanically inclined individuals with a curious mind for the Specialty Coffee experience and motivation to grow further in our industry!
We will consider hiring Coffee / Espresso Equipment Service Technicians with the following skills/experience
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Food & Beverage Industry Experience
• Strong Electrical / Plumbing Experience
• Strong Troubleshooting and Mechanical Skills
• Good Driving Record
• Smart Phone & Computer Literacy
• Good Time Management
• Ability to Work Independently in the Field and as Part of a Team
• Ability to Perform Well in Stressful Situations with a Sense of Urgency
Dolce Neve Coffee & Espresso Equipment Service Technicians Responsibilities
Coffee & Espresso Equipment Service Technicians are dispatched from their homes to their customers at the beginning of the work day to serve clients all over the San Francisco Bay Area. Technicians work in a region close to their home and in conjunction with our team to support other Service Technicians. Technicians troubleshoot and repair Coffee and Espresso Equipment on-site at our customers' locations and sometimes in our Petaluma warehouse. They drive a company vehicle stocked with a full-inventory of parts and are dispatched by our office via an iPhone App to customers' locations. They provide excellent customer service, expert Espresso & Coffee Equipment repairs, Specialty Coffee Product knowledge, and invoice customers in the field by their iPhone apps.
Coffee & Espresso Equipment Service Technician Work Schedule
Normal business hours are 8:30-5pm, Mon-Fri, but our Coffee & Espresso Equipment Service Technicians are often helping customers with emergencies before or after hours and must have a flexible schedule that includes a rotating on-call schedule.This is an hourly position with overtime potential. Most of our Coffee & Espresso Equipment Service Technicians work between 35-50hrs per week. The Specialty Coffee Industry continues to grow and is an exciting industry to be a part of.
Coffee & Espresso Equipment Service Technician Benefits
• Paid Holidays
• Company Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision
• PTO Program
• Company Issued Service Vehicle, iPhone, and Field Service Technician Uniforms
Learn more about Dolce Neve and see us in Action!
Please send cover letter if interest and resume to email@example.com
• Important – If you do not have specific industry experience, please explain how your experience and skills will translate to this position as a Specialty Coffee Field Service Technician.
Thank you for your interest in working for Dolce Neve and the exciting Specialty Coffee Industry! We look forward to learning more about you.
Posted: August 17th 2020
Red Bay Coffee
We are foodies, artists, activists, community folk, and innovators who love, love, love what we do. We believe that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success, and being open to ideas and continually improving is a fundamental part of how we work. We are committed to building a workplace where each of us works hard, has fun, and contributes a lot.
• Are you passionate about coffee and skilled in coffee roasting?
• Do you enjoy maintaining active awareness of trends in the coffee industry, specifically related to roasting philosophies and styles?
• Do you want to work for a values-based company with a strong social justice mission?
About The Role
In the role of Production Roaster you will be assisting in roasting operations, and successfully executing a variety of tasks. An individual in this role should express a strong interest and passion in coffee, be self-assured, and exemplify a willingness to work hard for long periods of time as part of a small, yet growing team.
Part time position on a 3 month contract, based at Red Bay headquarters in the Fruitvale district in Oakland and will report to our Head Roaster. Individuals will be an experienced coffee roaster, demonstrate strong communication skills, be well organized, attentive to details, and quality focused. This position is pivotal to the success of our company and has a real impact on our ability to expand and grow. Our goal is to bring beautiful coffee to the people; we need your help to do it.
• At least 2-3 years coffee roasting experience
• Familiarity with SCAA cupping form
• Exemplary Sensory analysis skills
• Tranquil disciplined problem-solving skills.
• Proactive approach in and ability to recognize subtle changes.
• Genuine passion for specialty coffee and interest in current industry trends
Red Bay Coffee Production Roaster Responsibilities Include
• Management of green coffee from delivery to production.
• Maintaining current in house roasting profiles and coffee selections with a high attention to detail, meeting all profiles quality control checkpoints.
• Continuous cupping of roasted coffee
• Synchronizing with other production roasters
• Consistently executing and improving the quality control regiment as set forth by the Coffee Department
• Manage roasting byproducts (chaff, burlap, GrainPro) to maximize reuse or recycling.
• Assistance in organizing and cleaning of roasting and green coffee workspaces. Including maintaining all equipment and tools used in the day to day operation of the roasting department.
• General daily warehouse maintenance/cleaning: sweeping, mopping, washing in accordance with food safety regulations.
• Tracking and maintaining inventory levels for both green and roasted coffee. Must be proficient at using Cropster for this function.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Experience with Cropster, Google, Slack and Netsuite a plus.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a concrete surface on a continual basis.
• Lift and move 150lbs in tandem with another person.
• Being able to or learn to operate a pallet jack, forklift,
• Being able to stand in a high temp environment for prolonged periods while picking small items..
Benefits we currently offer
• Access to Coffee Education & Training program
• Discounts on Red Bay Coffee food, merchandise, etc.
• Free access to Red Bay Coffee curated events
• Be a part of a beautifully diverse, inclusive, and community-driven culture
Red Bay is building a global community through our commitment to sourcing, developing, roasting, and delivering our coffee. We envision a world in which coffee is a vehicle for inclusion, social and economic empowerment, entrepreneurship, innovation, and environmental sustainability.
We are a coffee company with an intentional commitment to embed diversity practices into the DNA of our organization and place inclusivity at the forefront of our culture. We are committed to building a truly diverse team that is reflective of our communities and creates a culture that celebrates all that you bring to work each and every day. We recognize diversity goes beyond race or gender and can include age, economic class, educational background, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, religious or spiritual affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, individuals who are disabled or veteran status. There is beauty and strength in diversity, come be a part of our beautiful team!
• Roasting personnel details
• Initial 3 month contract / Part time. Potential of full time.
• Schedule Example
• Pay Rate: 22-25 depending on experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to HR@redbaycoffee.com.
Posted: August 15th 2020