Welcome to Sprudge Jobs, a division of the Sprudge Media Network focused on hirings and availability from the best brands in specialty coffee. Interested in posting a job? Contact us.
Baratza, the leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, precision burr coffee grinders for the home, is looking to hire a Customer Account Relations Administrator at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
The Customer Account Relations Administrator will be part of our operations team and the main contact for managing the orders from our US and Canadian wholesale customers. With regular interaction and each correspondence, there is an opportunity for the Administrator to enhance and build our wholesale relationships. The Customer Account Relations Administrator is also the primary contact for our retail customers.
We’re looking for a self-motivated person to take ownership of the overall customer order process. The administrative and customer relationship aspect of the work requires the candidate to be detailed orientated, with solid verbal and written communication skills. This individual will report to Diane Wood, Operations Manager.
Key duties include
Wholesale – Develop and build wholesale relationships.
• Build relationships through timely order processing and proactive engagement with wholesalers, enhancing their experience with Baratza.
• Coordinate with various intercompany teams to facilitate wholesale support, shipping, and accounts receivable.
• Vetting and establishing successful relationships with new wholesale customers.
E-commerce Retail Orders – Handling orders and inquiries.
• Process incoming orders for grinders and parts efficiently, accurately, and in a professional and friendly manner.
• Timely handling of order processing related issues such as: cancellation requests, complaints, return requests, and potentially fraudulent orders.
• Enjoys, and has the ability to build relationships with people over the phone, by email, and in person.
• Positive and professional attitude, able to work with personnel at all levels.
• Detail-oriented, with the ability to enter information error free.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to do repetitive tasks with focus and curiosity.
• Critical thinker who is proactive and flexible, with the ability to: handle multiple commitments, prioritize, and manage time efficiently with minimal guidance.
• Knowledge of the specialty coffee industry, especially in regard to grinding and brewing coffee
• Knowledge of QuickBooks or other accounting software
• Knowledge of shopping carts and/or 3rd party marketplaces
• Can work in close quarters with others.
• This is a full-time hourly position with health insurance for the employee, paid time off, 401k plan, and opportunities for professional development.
Please write and tell us why you would be a great addition to our operations team. Please enclose an up-to-date resume detailing your skills, talents and experience. Email to Diane@Baratza.com
Counter Culture Coffee was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Durham, NC, with regional offices in 12 major cities across the country. Counter Culture Coffee has been continuously innovating in the coffee industry and we’re looking for passionate, dynamic, diverse team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is
• Quality Coffee | We continue to cultivate relationships with growers and organizations around the world in order to build trust, improve quality, and foster transparency.
• Education | We believe the pursuit of coffee perfection includes educating ourselves, our partners, and our customers about the coffee supply chain and the best methods of preparation.
• Sustainability | Our commitment to affecting positive change in every community to which we are connected is driven by our belief that we can–and should–always strive to improve upon the present.
• Transparency | We are committed to sustainability and holding ourselves and our peers accountable for creating a more sustainable future of coffee.
Regional Sales and Account Managers act as the first point of contact between Counter Culture and our potential Wholesale partners, and are responsible for developing a retention strategy that will yield positive, long term partnerships. The key functions of this role are identifying and qualifying prospective wholesale partners across a variety of channels, adding new, appropriate business to the designated region, and managing those relationships to the net benefit of a region’s revenue and profitability. Sales and Account Managers must have not only a strong business skill set, but also a thorough knowledge of the food and beverage industry.
Counter Culture Sales and Account Managers are smart, resourceful, and reliable, but, first and foremost, they genuinely care about people and coffee.
• Quickly and accurately qualify all incomings leads, and follow up accordingly
• Source appropriate new business through effective cold calling and networking
• Account management of regional customers ranging from coffee shops to restaurants to hotels, to specialty shops
• Act as a consultant to new wholesale partners in a manner consistent with Counter Culture core values
• Recommend and sell coffee equipment appropriately and with expertise
• End-to-end management of the process of onboarding new wholesale partners
• Work with the Divisional Manager and the Regional Manager to refine and execute sales and account management strategy for the assigned region
• Responsible for regional growth, retention, and profitability.
• Effective use of a CRM, and all relevant communication tools
• Participate in Training Center events including but not limited to labs, classes, tastings, workshops, and socials
• Contribute to regional success by understanding and influencing leading indicators and metrics
• Must be positive, inspiring, thoughtful, thorough and questions the status quo
• At least two (2) years of sales or account management experience in coffee, or a related industry
• Experience and knowledge of the geography of the assigned regional markets and channels preferred
• The ability to manage one’s own time and schedule effectively. Available to work a flexible schedule including periodic overnight travel, as well as weekend and off-hours work
• A strong desire to nurture new wholesale partnerships appropriately
• A high aptitude for communication, and a strong desire to effectively communicate the mission and values of Counter Culture to prospective and current wholesale partners as well as the general public
• A willingness to be challenged, and an eagerness for professional education and growth.
• Basic technical expertise, and a willingness to learn about the equipment required to produce the highest quality coffee
• Desire to be a part of an amazing regional team of educators and technicians, and to participate in education and events for both the public and for our wholesale partners.
• Access to reliable transportation (If driving personal vehicle, must have unexpired driver’s license and vehicle insurance)
Physical Aspects of this Position
The physical activity of this position
• Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
• Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
• Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.
• Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
• Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
• Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
• Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
• Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
• Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
• Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
• Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
• Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
• Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
The physical requirements of this position
• Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The visual acuity requirements
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position
• None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
• Satisfactory completion of onsite Counter Culture Coffee orientation
• Effective demonstration of the ability to work without supervision and with other regional team members
• Effective demonstration of the ability to complete required tasks in a timely manner
• Effective demonstration of the ability to communicate with the National Sales Team
• Completion of at least four Professional Development courses
• Lead a Tasting at Ten, and a Catalogue Cupping
Currently, the offered benefits include: group health (medical, dental and vision), available the first of the month after 30 days of employment; Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and for Dependent Care; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; 401(k) program; paid time off; six company holidays. After six months of employment, eligibility for regional profit-sharing plan (for regional team members only).
Counter Culture Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer in both policy and practice.
Counter Culture Coffee assesses candidates for employment based on their knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job for which they are applying and without regard to any non-job related category as protected by federal, state or local law.
Finalist candidates for employment will be required to demonstrate USA employment eligibility – per federal and state law, Counter Culture Coffee participates in the federal E-Verify program.
Please apply here.
We are seeking a Sales Account Manager in Green Coffee to join our team at OPTCO!
Since 1990, Organic Products Trading Company has been working directly with small-scale farmers around the world to source high quality green specialty coffee. Our business is built on long-term relationships with Certified Organic and Fair Trade co-operatives as well as conventional farms that focus on improving their communities, their families, and their environment. OPTCO’s mission is to support coffee producers by providing market access, in addition to collaborating on development projects, gender equality initiatives, harvest finance, and quality improvement programs. We are proud to support coffee communities by sourcing certified and conventional beans with an ethical focus. www.optco.com and www.cafefemenino.com
The ideal candidate will lead the new account development and sales development strategy for assigned customers or regions. This candidate must have some coffee background and/or experience in green coffee. They should be skilled at building and maintaining relationships with clients and work to provide exceptional customer service. This candidate should be able to adapt to an ever-changing market & industry.
• Manage an active portfolio of accounts
• Develop & maintain positive relationship with clients
• Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to clients in a timely manner
• Answer incoming calls
• Cold calling & consistent closing of new accounts
• Taking & processing orders
• Accurately quote pricing based off current market & landed costs
• Order tracking & follow-up
• Sample roasting & cupping/ quality control
• Willingness to pick up other responsibilities as needed (small office)
• Attention to detail while tracking inventory for client
• Forecasting clients green usage
• Travel within the US to trade shows as needed (approx. 5 in the US and 1 in Canada)
• Previous experience in sales, customer service, and green coffee (required)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Ability to build rapport with clients
• Understanding of sales performance metrics
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to set KPI’s for yourself & sustain them
• Deadline and detail-oriented
• Understanding of green coffee
• Passion for coffee
• Self-starter mentality
• Ability to work in a small office environment
**********Compensation contingent upon experience**********
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To grow Ally’s sales of green coffee and importation services to roasters. To provide ongoing client support that provides value for clients and builds loyalty.
Manage and expand existing accounts; develop new accounts; complete administrative tasks; collaborate with staff and represent Ally at industry events.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Manage Existing Accounts
• Service existing accounts, and facilitate each client’s experience with accounting and logistics departments.
• Learn about the client to be able to provide better product recommendations, and better service.
• Submit releases and information via Salesforce®.
• Communicate with supervisor on activities, such as weekly work plans, and monthly and annual travel plans and personal sales goals.
• Facilitate good partners through active management of AR for existing accounts
• Maintain awareness of current marketplace information on pricing, products, competitors, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. and communicate information to other team members.
• Maintain active engagement in Ally’s coffees in terms of quality and origin information.
• Resolve client needs by investigating problems and implementing solutions; provide recommendations and perspective so the team can grow and improve.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge and networks.
• Connect clients to producers and products through sampling and travel on buying trips as well as accurate communication about Ally’s importation services and exporter network.
Develop new Accounts
• Identify leads and cultivate relationships based on shared values
• Respond promptly (next business day) to active inquiries from prospective clients
• Organize events, participate in events with prospective clients
• Promote awareness of Ally’s values, products and services among roasters through network, calls, and industry events
• Connect roasters to producers: facilitate shared success through clear and detailed expectations about roles, contracting, pricing, timing, and other details.
• Maintain records in all company platforms
• Keep calendar accurate.
• Stay organized and report expenses in a timely manner
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Outstanding written communication and organization skills
• Positive customer support behaviors
• Self-motivated, self-directed and problem-solving attitude
• Good judgment and ability to collaborate or request assistance when needed
• Technological background – comfortable adapting to new office tools and equipment
• Preferred production and/or sample roasting experience
• Preferred sales and/or customer service experience
• Ability to converse knowledgeably about green coffee with roasters of all sizes
• Active network among coffee roasters in the Northwest Region
Based at – Remote office within the Pacific Northwest including British Columbia
Reports to – North American Sales Manager, James Tooill
Start Date – Mid April preferred
Job type – Full-Time salaried with benefits and commissions
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to James@allycoffee.com with the subject line “Pacific Northwest Account Manager” and your name.
Juan Valdez Cafe, located in 1889 F St NW is looking for a passionate coffee enthusiast to lead our DC Team!
The Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the café, acting as extension of our Juan Vadez Cafe network. The Café Manager serves as a role model in drink preparation, and responsible for the on-the-job education and training of all team members. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to excel in their career, with a high level of skill and performance in coffee and its preparation, as well as customer service and team management.
We are looking for a bilingual Manager with great communication skills, a professional demeanor and appearance, with a passion for customer service.
Job Type – Full-timeThe ideal candidate for this position will succeed in this role if they have both knowledge and technical depth about the industry. This is essential as they will be a central person in the decision making process, working with multiple individuals across different teams when necessary. As a result, they will also be overseeing specific personnel.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe
• Oversee multiple personnel
• Hiring and onboarding new staff/baristas
• Training employees on drink(s) preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
• Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed
• Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly P&L
• Assist staff to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
• Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy
• Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty
• Previous coffee preparation/operations experience necessary
• Bilingual Spanish/English required
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Organized
• Strong leadership skills
• Work experience as a Cafe Manager or Professional Barista
• Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
• Availability to work within opening hours (including Saturdays)
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
• Customer service attitude
• High school diploma required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent management experience a must.
• Additional certification or within 30days of hire (Manager Health/Food-Safety License)
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are seeking a full time Quality Control Lab Assistant to work in our office in Irvington, NY for our global coffee brand, Volcafe Specialty Coffee.
The Quality Control Lab Assistant is an entry-level administrative position who will work closely with the Quality Control Manager to ensure all QC Department functions are executed. The individual filling this position will also be assigned special projects that align with the departments long-term goals.
For individuals interested in applying for a role in the QC Department who come to us with greater experience and certification, there is an opportunity to fast-track to the role of Quality Control Specialist. This advanced role would encompass greater responsibilities in the lab for sensory evaluation, alongside expert management of administrative duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintain a clean and organized lab, and sample inventory
• Set up and break down cupping tables
• Record receivables, perform accurate data entry into internal systems
• Sample Log management, tracking reference #s and labels
• Generate and format Excel reports from internal databases
• Prep and record physical measurements on green coffee samples
• Print packing and shipping labels for daily Fedex pickup
• Professional email communications between suppliers and clients
• Consistently participate in daily cuppings
Ongoing development based on experience can include
• Participation & achieve cupper certification
• SCA Sample roasting training and routine machine maintenance
• Assist and participate in palate development tasting exercises
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
• Previous Specialty Coffee experience is highly preferred (1-3 years).
• Proven office organizational skills and computer data management required.
• Experience in the practical application of scientific method is an advantage.
• Experience in a Quality Control Lab or equivalent experiences in a comparable environment, including coffee sensory & physical analysis is highly desirable
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters and use discretion with dissemination of information.
• Desire to learn advanced sensory skills (taste, smell) and understanding of sensory and physical quality of coffee.
• Desire and maintain focused calibration with experienced Volcafe cuppers and clients
• Excellent interpersonal skills, willingness to maintain a positive and encouraging work environment
• Ability to work independently with consistent level of efficiency
• Analytical, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving.
• Computer proficiency: ability to use and understand Excel Sheets and Cropster database in an efficient and precise manner
• Good attention to detail with exceptional organization skills and observant nature.
• Efficient, with excellent work ethic and willingness to accept responsibility of independent projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task and organize
• Ability to read and speak English proficiently. Coffee professionals from all over the world visit our office, so knowledge of other languages (eg Spanish) is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The ability to evaluate coffee several times a day in an efficient and unbiased manner.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see talk and hear.
• The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• At times, may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
• Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding, green coffee grading)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Laboratory environment. Cleanliness, accuracy and organization are key.
• Office environment. Open format office space of ~12 employees sharing space
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 5,500 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses.
ED&F Man’s coffee business, Volcafe, is one of the world’s largest traders of arabica and robusta coffees and provides beans for 80 billion cups of coffee each year. Our expertise spans green coffee procurement and preparation, quality control, risk management and logistics.
We work in countries that collectively account for over 90% of world production. From single origin micro-lots to mainstream commercial grades and customized blends, we have what it takes to get the right product to our roaster and retail customers – on time, every time. We are also big on sustainability and traceability: our unique farmer outreach program, known as The Volcafe Way, works direct with coffee growers to train them in best agronomy practice and sound business management.
Please send cover letter and resume to CareersAmericas@edfman.net.