Welcome to Sprudge Jobs, a division of the Sprudge Media Network focused on hirings and availability from the best brands in specialty coffee. Interested in posting a job? Contact us.
Kaffe Landskap is a cafe with Scandinavian roots, striving to bring the region’s culture to Denver. We offer responsibly-sourced coffees from independently owned farmers from around the world, and we roast our beans in house allowing us to showcase inherent potential within the green coffee. We complement our coffee menu with a food offering that promotes health, activity, and well-being.
We are also hiring for Café Manager/ Baker/ Food Prep.
We are also hiring for Café Manager/ Baker/ Food Prep
You may apply directly through our careers page or please send your resume and optional cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Brooklyn Roasting Company sources and serves superb and sustainable coffees from the world’s most renowned growing regions. We favor third-party-certified coffees in order to help guarantee a living wage for historically impoverished farmers. The company celebrates the strong local character of Brooklyn and its coffee-roasting heritage. We believe coffee is an inspirational beverage and support our local cultural institutions and the life of the mind in general.
Brooklyn Roasting Company seeks a handful of energetic, enthusiastic, coffee lovers to build our business and extend Brooklyn’s long history and coffee heritage. Successful brand ambassadors have both excellent verbal and analytical skills.
Prior experience in the coffee industry is not required. A love of coffee is essential.
Brand ambassadors have two core responsibilities
• Ably and energetically represent the brand
• Achieve ambitious sales targets in line with the company’s goals and growth strategy
Salary commensurate with experience and ability.
Please send cover letter and resume with all relevant qualifications to email@example.com.
Origin are looking to employ a new Head of Wholesale. They’re looking for someone that is highly motivated, focused and driven to succeed. The business is hugely ambitious, and they need someone with similar drive for success than can align with the company aspirations and values. Origin views itself as one of the most progressive and aspirational roasters in the UK and need a Head of Wholesale that embodies this in every way. This is a high-profile role with one of the UK’s leading speciality coffee roasters. The successful candidate must have proven experience in a senior sales role.
Seasonality, provenance and traceability are at the heart of their supply chain. Their core business is wholesale supply and retail servicing for independent and multi-site cafes, hotels and hospitality businesses across the UK.
Objectives and Experience Required
• Opening new wholesale accounts and driving new sales; with an emphasis on the leading independents and multi-site accounts including hotels, restaurants, speciality coffee shops, high-end retail and cafes.
• Account management and support of existing customer base to ensure ongoing retention of business. Our Head of Wholesale needs to be engaging, open and sociable to provide that additional level of support for customers, outside of the day to day operations.
• Illustrate ability to work and consistently deliver and exceed targets and KPIs.
• Machine sales as ancillary equipment for brewed coffee, including La Marzocco espresso machines, BUNN filter brewers and Simonelli coffee grinders.
• Attendance at consumer and trade events and exhibitions as required involving weekend and evening working.
• To provide intelligent sales analysis to inform and develop relevant sales strategy and business planning.
• Management and direction of wholesale managers, education team and technical services team.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you believe you’re suitable for the role, to Andy Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Ceremony Coffee is a quality-driven roaster/retailer pursuing excellence in hospitality. In our hard work together with partners and customers, we are about authentic relationships, shared knowledge, and beautiful coffee experiences. The café manager job comes with a lot of responsibility and requires hard work and dedication to fulfill our commitment to customers and represent our product in the best possible way. Your job will include making major decisions, directing employees toward common objectives and goals, and providing leadership. You will direct the café operations and lead retail staff toward this end.
Happy Customers – Ensure high-quality products and amazing customer experiences with overwhelmingly positive customer reviews
Strong Financial Performance – Meet and exceed budgetary targets: growing sales, managing COGS, labor, expenses. Think like an owner!
Team Leadership – Build and lead a team that has a deep respect for our products and policies
Leadership + Culture
• Engage in recruiting, hiring, and developing a passionate, engaged retail team
• Promote ultra-high standards of service
• Collaborate with training team to continually develop barista and foodservice skills
• Build and lead a team driven by passion and pride in its work
• Communicate and maintain the highest standards of work for your team, and communicate daily to strive for flawless execution
• Oversee all human resources functions: hiring, onboarding, performance evaluations, professional development, etc.
• Cultivate community relationships with customers and retail team
• Be both a steward and an ambassador for Ceremony’s Shared Values: Quality, Integrity, and Community
Safety + Cleanliness
• Promote ultra-high standards of cleanliness and organization
• Establish a thorough working knowledge of all systems and oversee routine and periodic maintenance. Maintain equipment daily and schedule tech maintenance quarterly. Ensure that daily and long-term checklists are completed and accurate maintenance records are kept.
• Ensure that all aspects of food and drink preparation (employees, facilities, operations) adhere to Health Department and Ceremony standards. Ensure that sanitation, training, maintenance, and record keeping requirements are met and that the space remains “health inspection ready” at all times.
• Ensure security procedures are followed at opening/closing
Budgets + Financial Controls
• Oversee all scheduling – ensure proper staffing levels and adhere to labor targets
• Review biweekly payroll to ensure accuracy
• Control product costs without sacrificing product quality or customer experience
• Conduct accurate monthly inventory of retail supplies
• Ensure that all inventory procedures are followed, including receiving, storing, stocking, and inventory adjustments
• Maintain stock of retail supplies and adjust pars seasonally
• Ensure accurate money handling
• Pursue growth strategies; make smart decisions while managing operations, labor, and inventory to exceed financial goals
Sales + Growth
• Collaborate with retail team to develop a cohesive, quality-focused ethos
• Collaborate with marketing team to creatively promote products and events
• Maintain sales and impulse areas; keep the cafe tidy and well-stocked to boost sales
• Develop and facilitate monthly menu updates
• Train staff on suggestive selling and up-selling techniques
Employee Management + Communication
• Schedule employees and ensure that shifts are filled appropriately in the event of employee absence
• Follow disciplinary procedures detailed in employee handbook
• Conduct regular performance reviews
• Establish regular communication channels with in-store team and conduct collaborative team meetings
• Communicate daily with Ceremony management and teams to address issues and stay up-to-date
• Initiate performance feedback from Regional Manager regularly and participate in formal reviews quarterly
Qualifications and Requirements
• Overt passion for people and service
• Overt passion for specialty coffee
• Management experience in food/beverage/retail
• Capable of offering and accepting constructive feedback
• Capable of learning new systems/methods and developing new habits
• Capable of inspiring others and pushing a can-do attitude
• Capable of maintaining calm while working quickly under pressure
• Refined attention to detail with clear written and verbal communication skills
• Good organization and time-management skills
• Good problem-solving and collaboration skills
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, 8-12 hours
• Ability to lift 40 pounds and carry a tray of food and/or beverages
• Ability to perform a repetitive range of motion activities
• Reliable transportation
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
The Production Assistant assists the Lead Roaster and VP of Coffee with the daily operations of the roastery. In any way possible and necessary the Production Assistant contributes to the timely, efficient and safe roasting, packaging, evaluation, and distribution of coffee in our South Philadelphia roastery.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Set up and participate in coffee cuppings for quality assurance, coffee offerings, and green lot approvals
• Execute daily production with bagging, packaging, shipping, and organization
• Safely and skillfully operate Loring Roasting machines and Ikawa sample roaster with oversight from the Lead Roaster
• Be able to execute, roast profiles for each coffee in the offerings list
• Communicate changes or discrepancies in roast profiles during and after roast
• Clean and maintain the roasting machines according to the maintenance schedules
• Understand the ins and out of the entire Saxbys production process
• Be familiar with information on our current and future offerings
• Batch and keep organized daily green and roasted buckets as directed by Lead roaster
• Unload green coffee orders
• Load roasted orders into vehicle for delivery
• Keep roasters and roasting area clean following cleaning schedules and as needed
• Update computer and software systems for quality control and inventory
• Work with a sense of urgency, creativity, and attention to detail
• Always maintain a clean and organized workspace
• Deliver coffee to cafes (vehicle provided) in the event that the Delivery Driver is unavailable
• Support, exhibit, and promote Saxbys Mission Statement, Make Life Better, and Core Values in all daily activities. Our Core Values include:
We are a community serving our community
We embrace being O.D.D. (Outgoing, Detail oriented and Disciplined)
Loyalty + profitability = growth
We live with pride, passion, and purpose
Care personally and communicate openly
Serve yourself by serving others
• Roasting experience a plus but not required – training will be provided
• Forklift driving experience a plus but not required – training and certification will be provided
• Demonstrate enthusiasm for coffee, teamwork, and the Saxbys ideals
• Desire to continue learning about coffee and continually produce the best coffee possible
• Strong understanding of barista basics a plus but not required
• Great problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and listening skills in a team setting
• Punctual and reliable
• Ability to focus on tasks in a busy, loud environment
• Must be able to work near green coffee and in a warehouse environment
• Careful attention to detail is necessary around coffee roasters and other equipment
• Work environment can be dusty and have a high noise level
• Ability to perform physical tasks – lift 75lbs above waist
• Valid driver’s license required
• Able to stand, walk, and smile for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop and kneel
• Pull, push, lift (above waist), or carry up to 75lbs.
• Ascend and descend ladders, stairs, ramps
Reports to the Lead Roaster
Status is Part Time, Hourly
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Coffee flows in your veins? Passion for coffee is a must. You might be a barista and technician who wants to take a step away from the machine but not out of the industry. Professional barista with an understanding of the classic and new school of brewing espresso. We have a real challenge to offer you! We are looking for a Sales Promoter / Coffee Specialist – Ambassador for Gruppo Cimbali’s Brand based in Dubai.
The difference with a basic promoter / promoter? You are a “geek” of the coffee machine. You have a passion for coffee and the world around it! Your strong point is to make this passion contagious.
• Develop and follow your customer portfolio
• Maintain and develop partnerships
• Be attractive and part of the crew
• Participate in the integration and training of employees
• Ensure the smooth flow of both upward and downward information flow
• Take on a role of representation with external actors and convey a qualitative image of the company’s products
• Participation in customer events
We are looking someone who wants to turn their love of coffee into a career. Challenges include achieving the perfect espresso and understanding the changing dynamics of the market.
Comfortable conversing face to face, on the phone and online.
Team player that is self motivated. Communication skills passion for the product and attention to details are required for this position.
We require the ability to develop new businesses, prepare sales presentations, as well as commercial proposals which will be subjected to the approval of the Regional Manager.
We expect participating in special projects such as trade shows, major promotions, launching of new products and marketing initiatives.
You are able, by tasting a coffee, to adjust the settings of a professional coffee machine.
The market of the coffee machine and the world of the baristas do not have any secret for you.
We are looking for a real personality who knows how to captivate his audience: coffee is more than a job for you.
You are recognized for your analytical abilities as well as your technical and taste experience.
Fluency in English required
Relocation is not included
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eversys was created in Switzerland in 2009 by Jean-Paul In-Albon and Robert Bircher. Since June 2017 the stock listed Italian De’Longhi Group has become a strategic financial partner of Eversys with the acquisition of a minority stake of 40%.
The Mission of Eversys is to expand the concept of its e’Barista system, promote leading-edge in-cup experiences without constraints related to space, quality, productivity or consistency.
Being passionate about in-cup quality, Eversys has driven the boundaries of automated product delivery to the extreme.
Eversys has dissected all of the key movements and functions associated to the making of authentic products and assimilated them into an intelligent electronic interface. Eversys Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eversys AG in Switzerland.
The Technical Support specialist plays an integral part in helping customers troubleshoot and resolve problems with our equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Receive phone and email requests for service and generate tickets.
– Assist customers and service partners by phone with on-site troubleshooting
– If appropriate, dispatch service partners to customers.
– Receive and fulfill parts orders for service partners and customers.
– Follow up with service partner or customer within 48 hours to ensure problem resolution.
– High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
– Strong customer service and problem resolution skills
– High technical and mechanical aptitude
– Extensive understanding of electrical concepts and applications
– Ability to work cross-functionally with internal and external partners
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– High level of follow up and ability to pay close attention to all details
– Prior experience servicing espresso equipment
– Electrician apprenticeship
– Standing and walking at a desk
– Heavy computer and phone use
– Contract Position
– $40,000-$60,000 Annual salary
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Surf Cafea is looking for experienced Baristas to join us at our coffee roastery/shop location in Huntington Beach.
We are a brand new third wave coffee shop with great passion for coffee and customer service.
The successful candidate will be able to showcase experience in the coffee industry through beverage preparation and coffee tasting/dialing skills. They will be able to use a La Marzocco espresso machine to execute espresso based drinks, make pour over drinks using industry standards and be able to taste and describe the beverages in terms of aroma, taste, body and brightness. Must be available Friday-Sunday.
Our customer reviews on yelp speak to the level of coffee and customer experience we seek to create.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Coffee Class (TCC) is a new coffee concept coming to Las Vegas. We aim to elevate the experience, environment & expectations of what is possible for a coffee company by providing world-class unique brews with supreme customer service while facilitating a positive nurturing environment. We are looking for a candidate to fill a long term job opportunity. We want someone who is willing to grow as the company does and is hungry for advancement. More than just creating a perfect shot of espresso or pour over coffee, we want someone who can connect with our guests and help create a new relationship between them and great coffee.
The Coffee Director must be someone enthusiastic and knowledgeable about coffee, someone interested in the industry as a whole, and driven to be a thought leader for our young company in this area.
• Ability to brew different types of coffee and understand how to work different coffee machines
• Lead staff training post-opening on coffee, espresso, cold brew and other related products
• Field customer suggestions or questions
• Maintain quality of product and preparation
• Select single origins for featuring in the coffee shop in partnership with our roaster
• Lead home brewing and espresso classes for customers and staff
• Attend coffee conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of current trends in the industry (some travel)
• Lead training on latte art
• Come up with seasonal latte ideas and recipes
• Normal barista functions such as customer service, making drinks, cleaning machines when closing, etc.
• Have an unmatched enthusiasm for coffee
• Be approachable, enthusiastic and friendly
• Have a positive attitude
• Be punctual and reliable
• Attention and eye for detail
• Eager to enhance your product knowledge and stay up to date on trends
• Knowledge of brewing principles for coffee
• Excellent latte art knowledge and experience is a must. As is the ability to teach it.
• Ability to teach other employees and guide their development.
• Taking initiative and working well independently
• Minimum of 1 year experience as a barista or in roasting
• Ability to do latte art and teach others how to accomplish it
• Willingness to adjust technique to match company procedure/processes
• US Citizen or Green Card holder
• Health Card (must have by opening)
• Background check required
• On occasion, may be required to lift and carry, push or pull heavy objects up to fifty pounds; kneel, bend or stoop, ascend or descend stairs; reach and grasp objects
• Ability to lead, motivate, and empower the team
• Ability to align team with culture by balancing hard work and having fun.
• Ability to manage basic tasks
• Takes initiative
• Has excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to recognize problems and problem solve
• Ability to set goals and convert plans into action
The Coffee Class (TCC)is an equal opportunity employer. At TCC, we are committed to treating all applicants and associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Please apply online here.Include your resume and cover letter.
As a crucial member of the team, the Sr. Events Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy and plan for SCA experience driven activities, specifically related to events. Supports Director of Marketing in the development of new brand identities and ensures the proper application of existing SCA identities. The Sr. Events Marketing Manager will play a leadership role in developing various marketing campaigns and strategies that maximize engagement of the specialty coffee community and our partners at SCA events. The Sr. Events Marketing Manager will assist in meeting or exceeding SCA Store sales targets through the execution of various e-commerce marketing initiatives. Works collaboratively with the Communications team to execute promotional efforts to plan and supervises a high performing marketing team.
• Responsible for overall marketing campaign development and execution for all SCA events and e-commerce.
• Meet established revenue objectives through various marketing initiatives.
• Develop and deploy all campaign elements including but not limited to direct mail campaigns, email marketing pieces, website updates, advertising, brand elements and sponsorship related deliverables.
• Manage the development and execution of mobile apps & related technology-driven components.
• Analyze campaign success and recommend new strategies to improve upon future marketing planning to meet the Association’s needs.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Organized, self-directed, self-motivated, detail and deadline oriented.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple marketing campaigns in a fast-paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
• Must be a team player and work well in a collaborative environment.
• 5+ years in a marketing capacity, managing various departmental campaigns, including events and/or e-commerce.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent job experience.
• Experience in the coffee or beverage industries a plus.
• Proficiency using MS Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite design software.
Please send your resume via email to email@example.com.
As Rapid7’s Lead Barista, you will have the opportunity to build a world class coffee program inside one of the most progressive and exciting tech companies in Boston. You will step into a brand new specialty coffee shop built in the 4-story atrium of our new global headquarters preparing quality beverages for about 600 employees and guests. No registers, just happy regulars who are your coworkers!
You will deliver rockstar customer service on a daily basis by creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests and employees.
• Preparation of barista bar orders for coworkers and guests
• Making the barista bar a place our coworkers and guests love to come to
• General upkeep of the barista bar and self-service coffee station, including maintenance & repairs
• Stocking of the self-service coffee station
• Management of barista bar supply stocking, inventory, and ordering
• Planning and executing vibe projects – drink specials, taste tests, contests
You should have…
• A passion for and understanding of the craft of coffee and a desire to share it
• Functional understanding of espresso and milk preparation fundamentals
• Experience dialing in espresso and managing / maintaining manual espresso machines is required. (Marzocco, Mahlkonig, Mazzer equipment)
• An amazing attitude – personable, approachable, and always eager to help
• The ability to multi-task and demonstrate attention to detail
• A proactive work ethic – take ownership of your work!
• An eagerness to learn. Take feedback well, and apply it
• A desire to work both independently and on a team
• Experience working as a barista. You know how to use the equipment and make delicious drinks, as well as help to improve the offerings.
It would be great if you have…
• Experience as a team lead is preferred but not required
Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provide the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 8,000 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity.
Full-time with competitive Benefits, including medical, paid time off and 401k matching, etc.
Please apply here.
Luna Gourmet Coffee & Tea is seeking a craft coffee Roaster with roasting and production experience who is available for an immediate start. This position is based at our roastery in Denver, Colorado. We currently operate four Diedrich and Probat roasters and have a need for a new passionate and experienced teammate as we continue to grow. Regular duties will include roasting, material movement, cupping, inventory management, quality documentation and roaster maintenance. This will be a full-time position Monday-Friday. Below you will see the criteria for this position and please contact us with further inquiries. Come work for the fastest growing craft coffee company in Colorado!
Purpose – To roast high quality coffee to the Roastmaster’s specifications, aide in the upkeep of roasting and production equipment, and refine multidisciplinary roasting and manufacturing skills.
Position Classification – Full-time, benefits eligible
Job Responsibilities – Essential Duties
1. Roasting Coffee – Be proficient at the craft of roasting gourmet coffee
• Stage green coffee to meet daily production schedules
• Roast coffee daily according to exact specifications and formulas & complete logs
• Participate in the on-going development of profile roasting and coffee quality control
• Roast samples as necessary for evaluation
• Assist in the management of green bean inventory
2. Coffee Roasting Machines – Aide in the upkeep of roasting equipment.
• Perform daily maintenance as needed for optimum machine efficiency
• Participate in periodic and extensive cleanings of roasting equipment
• Address mechanical errors as they occur
3. Continuous Education and Development: – Help advance roasting processes
• Taste and evaluate daily roast batches
• Record roasting data and perform QC protocols
• Participate in coffee education, team and company meetings
4. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Log batches into our system for tracking purposes
• Assist with inventory as needed
• High school diploma, or equivalent, required
• A passion for the art and science of making great coffee
• Math, English and computer skills
• Roasting experience on machines with a capacity greater than 30lbs preferred
• Multiple years of experience in a US-based food manufacturing & production environment required
• Alignment to Luna Gourmet’s mission to produce quality coffee required
• Must work well both independently and as part of a team
• Self starter who is reliable, timely, communicative and attentive to detail
Physical Requirements Needed to Perform Position Function
-This job requires standing, bending, walking and lifting weight working with fire on a continuous basis throughout the day in a production facility.
About the company
Luna Gourmet Coffee & Tea’s mission is to make the world’s finest Ethically Sourced, Socially Responsible, Roast to Order Coffees. We make phenomenal products that sustain the livelihoods of the farmers, preserve the environments in which coffee is grown and provide experiences that exceed the expectations of our loyal customers with every sip.
Luna Gourmet Coffee provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
This position is open immediately. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your correspondence.
Please send a resume and cover letter with compensation requirements and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
PublicUs (pūb-li-cus) is a canteen-style, neighborhood restaurant and specialty coffee bar located in the Fremont East District of Downtown Las Vegas. Our menu is built around seasonality and quality, and whenever possible, we use locally or regionally grown, raised, caught, and crafted products, from people who do those things with care. We take great pride in being an active member in our community and strive to constantly improve what we do.
Since opening in March 2015, we have assembled a great Team of professionals and are looking to build upon that. A key part of the PublicUs experience has been our specialty coffee program which features a diverse selection of rotating single-origin coffees roasted by our award winning partner roaster, Velton Ross, of Velton’s Coffee located in Everett, Washington as well as our unique drink menu using house-made ingredients. We previously won America’s Best Coffeehouse at Coffee Fest in Portland, Oregon and have also been recognized by various publications for our world class coffee and food program as well as our welcoming service.
PublicUs is looking for a coffee professional to lead our specialty coffee program and coffee bar operations. We are looking for an individual who has proven experience in building and leading great Teams as well as someone who is creative, can work in a dynamic environment and takes pride in delivering the highest level of customer experience and product quality. This position is a key member of the management team at PublicUs.
• Team Building. Lead the hiring efforts for the coffee bar and front of house. Develop and motivate the Barista Team through technical training, knowledge sharing and motivational communication.
• Product Quality. Implement and maintain the coffee program standards by actively monitoring drink and ingredient preparation as well as customer experience levels.
• Coffee Sourcing & Roasting. Work with our Partner Roaster to select Green Coffees for our rotating coffee program.
• Customer Experience. Create and Lead a genuine “Customer First” approach to the PublicUs experience.
• Constant Improvement. Help lead improvement initiatives across all front of house operations; both internal and external.
• Inventory. Maintain inventory levels and conduct full weekly inventory with General Manager.
• Equipment Maintenance. Maintain all coffee equipment and schedule regular maintenance.
• Community Development and Outreach. Develop and maintain relationships with those in our neighborhood and community. Be active in the coffee community. Conduct public coffee cuppings and other community coffee-centric events.
• Financial Management. Monitor sales, actively manage labor and maintain appropriate inventory levels. Manage work schedules and maintain appropriate labor levels.
• Drink Development. Oversee new drink development program.
• Team Player. Always see and think Big Picture. Liaise with the Kitchen Team and provide honest, constructive customer feedback.
• Lead By Example and Be Flexible. Assist in all areas of the restaurant operations as needed.
• 5+ years barista experience
• Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must love solving problems
• Willing to work a flexible schedule and weekends
• Experience with delegating tasks and maintaining fast speed of service
• Have a passion and expansive knowledge for coffee / tea and related products
• Solid understanding of technical coffee equipment and tools
• Positive personality with the ability to create excitement around our products and to motivate a team
Please send your resume and a quick note to email@example.com
We are looking for an experienced leader who loves people and coffee to oversee People Operations at Ritual. The People Operations Manager will develop and implement systems to find, hire, support, develop, and celebrate the people who make Ritual the amazing company that it is. As we grow, we need a People Operations Manager to continue to foster the growth of the culture that we’ve created over the past 14 years through hiring, retention, and communication. The People Operations Manager is a full-time, salaried position, based in San Francisco. The People Operations Manager reports to the owner.
• Staff and track a team of approximately 55 employees who comprise retail cafes, roasting, wholesale, and management.
• Employee satisfaction and retention are high.
• Information is communicated across departments.
• Apply best practices to assist in hiring great people at the Roastery on an as-needed basis.
• Staff are supported to consistently deliver delicious coffee at our quality and service standards.
• Our departments are profitable and contribute to the sustainability of Ritual and our communities – both locally and globally.
• 2+ years experience in a HR leadership role (recruiting, benefits & compensation, on boarding, etc), preferably in the customer, retail or food service industry
• People person with high level of patience, compassion and problem solving skills
• Infectious love of coffee
• Excellent communication and teaching skills
• Proficiency with Google Drive, spreadsheets and general comfort with the use of technology
• Availability – on-call for emergencies, ability to be on site at cafes when urgently needed
Compensation + Benefits
Ritual Coffee strongly believes in investing in our people and our culture. The starting salary for this position is between $52-65K, dependent on qualifications. We offer great benefits including subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, and commuter benefits. All employees are eligible for paid time off, paid sick days, holidays (paid at time and a half) and a matching 401k plan.
Ritual Is Changing The Way People Know Coffee.
In 2005, when corporate coffee dominated American culture, Ritual unknowingly started a fun and crazy revolution that would ultimately help launch the new coffee movement.
We buy 90+% of our beans direct from our producer partners, setting the highest standard in the industry. This makes sure we get our hands on the best beans in the world, but more importantly, makes sure our farmers maintain the quality of life they deserve.
Now a bona fide San Francisco original, we’ve also earned our iconic status as one of the best coffee roasting companies in the world. The mission of Ritual Coffee is simple: to make people happy by giving them the best coffee experience they’ve ever had. Ritual roasts in SoMa, and has 6 cafes in San Francisco and Napa.
$52-65K, dependent on qualifications. We offer great benefits including subsidized medical insurance, dental insurance, and commuter benefits. All employees are eligible for paid time off, paid sick days, holidays (paid at time and a half) and a matching 401k plan.
To apply, lease send your resume and a cover letter (bullet points are fine) explaining why you’d be a great People Operations Manager to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org . Priority application deadline is July 8th and a projected start date of August 9th.
Mr. West Café Bar is looking for that special someone who possesses a great attitude, work ethic, and explosive energy. The ultimate motivator, with a proactive “less talk, more action” attitude, who identifies needs and fulfills them. Extensive experience and knowledge with coffee, beer, wine & cheese (if not extensive, a willingness to build on your current passion) are a huge plus. We are constantly growing our brand, and this will be our second location. There is opportunity for advancement, so we need someone that has the desire to move up with a small company.
Mr. West provides the best in high quality coffee service, as well as fresh and local foods made daily. Our staff is comprised of coffee experts, who in turn offer our customers the resources, knowledge and information for whatever they choose to drink. Our coffees are all sourced from renowned roasters from the west coast and around the US. We also partner with our favorite local roasters to create custom roasted Mr. West blends for every season. All coffees are thoughtfully sourced through mindfully fostered relationships with artisans.
• Flexibility in your job with the ability to cross train and multitask.
• Experience with barista-ing/serving/bartending
• A love for coffee, wine, beer, cider and their natural chemistry with food.
• A love of cheese and charcuterie a plus.
• Detail oriented.
• Customer service skills and the ability to present and talk wine and beer with guests.
• Food & wine pairing experience isn’t a must, but is a very good thing.
• Must be 21 or over.
Full time and part time positions are available
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Specialty Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for spearheading specialty coffee supply chains in Colombia. We are searching for a dynamic and driven individual to act as a liaison between producer groups, coops, millers, exporters, and Sucafina offices, traders, and clients.
• Build and maintain relationships with producers, millers and exporters specific to specialty supply chains in Colombia
• Gather relevant information on producer groups and coffee for use in communication and sales tools (demographic info, story, processing etc.)
• Source coffees for specific client needs and provide general offers of available specialty lots to for purchase by Sucafina offices
• Collaborate with current export partners to separate potential specialty lots for offer to destination offices and clients. Follow through on logistics for specialty sales from this channel
• Work with Sucafina Colombia office on cupping, logistics, and supplier development in country
• Maintain updated supplier map for producers and exporters who offer specialty lots for Sucafina supply needs
• Regularly report on progress of developing relationships and status of coffee purchases and logistics
• Work with Sucafina traders and sales teams to communicate with clients and receive visits in country when necessary
• Responsible for sustainability audits: RFA / UTZ / 4C
Qualifications and Education
• Bachelor in Foreign Trade / Business Administration / Agronomy or equivalent
• 5 to 7 years of related experience in coffee market
• Ability to build networks/relationships with producers / suppliers in general
• Knowledge of coffee sustainability certifiers
• Strong knowledge of coffee market in Colombia and worldwide
• Available to travel in Colombia and internationally
• Fluency in Spanish and English
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Certificated in Q Grader is a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to One-World Coffee. One-World Coffee is a dynamic new premium coffee roaster with a mission to help the world! We feed profits to an integrated charity addressing homeless issues and assisting people with disabilities. One-World is bringing high quality roasted beans and blends to local cafes, restaurants, hospitality providers, and grocery and specialty retailer, and providing unmatched service, merchandising support, and training so our clients can outcompete with national chains by providing their customers with quality products at affordable prices, an enhanced coffeehouse ambiance, plus allied products and services.
One-World Coffee Company is hiring a Regional Sales Rep to promote One-World Coffee initially throughout the Pacific Northwest region. We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated sales professional with coffee industry and/or food service experience to lead the sales effort. You will be a hands-on prospector for new accounts, and manage the ongoing relationship with these accounts. You will be responsible for developing a list of new target accounts, making in-person and webinar-based sales presentations, and effectively communicating our product offerings to prospects and existing customers.
If you love the world of premium coffee, are comfortable with cold-calling, are a good listener and persistent and persuasive, and are a sales closer, this position offers a great opportunity for personal and financial growth.
● 2+ years sales experience
● Coffee and/or coffee equipment, food service, or retail experience a plus
● Understanding of customers, customer service, and industry trend
● Strong verbal and written and communication skills
● Great attitude and a self-starter
If you are excited about the prospect of growing a great new business from the start, and helping lead the One-World Coffee vision to independent coffee retailers throughout the region, please apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Founded 2003 – DUB Pies & Coffee – have partnered with Counter Culture for last 10 years however we’re about to launch our own boutique roasting program.
We’re a New Zealand-inspired cafe with two main points of focus: savory pies (meat or vegetarian) and well made coffee. We strive to reliably provide a memorable coffee experience based on the long standing passion for great coffee in the lands down under.
New Zealand has a good claim on being the birthplace of the flat white, back in the late 80s and DUB Pies may have been the first to serve a proper flat white in Brooklyn (and call it that) back in 2004!
We’re a progressive company/team and we’re looking for a like minded people to join our crew.
We’re looking for people who enjoy working the cafe environment and who want to reliably provide an reliably excellent coffee experience. Bring your passion for coffee and help us establish ourselves as a renowned boutique roaster/coffee house.
We have an established Brooklyn Cafe and an espresso machine-sporting coffee truck and we’re looking to grow a small wholesale offering.
As either our next cafe manager or as part of our team of baristas we’ll look to you to help us maintain the great work our crew have been doing for years and hopefully to assist in implementation of the roasting program.
The Cafe Manager position is full-time. You’ll need awesome flat white skills, the ability to teach those skills, cafe management experience, a no nonsense but relaxed/fun attitude. Ideally you’ll also be able to do light espresso machine maintenance (but that’s not essential.) If you have a little roasting experience that’s not going to do any harm to your application – though an interest in learning to roast is more important. Position includes but isn’t limited to the following:
● overall operational performance of the cafe,
● maintaining a strong/well-developed team of baristas who offer great customer service
● recruiting/hiring/supervising future baristas
● lead team on floor with strong communication, accountability, and deployment.
● always looking to improve what we do as a company
● there’s more but you get the idea…
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you’d make a great Cafe Manager or Barista – along with your resume.
The Specialty Supply Chain Coordinator will be responsible for spearheading specialty coffee supply chains in Brazil. We are searching for a dynamic and driven individual to act as a liaison between producer groups, coops, millers, exporters, and Sucafina offices, traders, and clients.
● Build and maintain relationships with producers, millers and exporters specific to specialty supply chains in Brazil
● Gather relevant information on producer groups and coffee for use in communication and sales tools (demographic info, story, processing etc.)
● Source coffees for specific client needs and provide general offers of available specialty lots to for purchase by Sucafina offices
● Collaborate with current export partners to separate potential specialty lots for offer to destination offices and clients. Follow through on logistics for specialty sales from this channel
● Work with Sucafina Brazil office on cupping, logistics, and supplier development in country
● Maintain updated supplier map for producers and exporters who offer specialty lots for Sucafina supply needs
● Regularly report on progress of developing relationships and status of coffee purchases and logistics
● Work with Sucafina traders and sales teams to communicate with clients and receive visits in country when necessary
● Responsible for sustainability audits: RFA / UTZ / 4C
Qualifications and Education
● Bachelor in Foreign Trade / Business Administration / Agronomy or equivalent
● 5 to 7 years of related experience in coffee market
● Ability to deal and build networks/relationships with producers / suppliers in general
● Knowledge of coffee sustainability certifiers
● Strong knowledge of coffee market in Brazil and worldwide
● Available to travel in Brazil and internationally
● Fluency in Portuguese and English
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
● Certificated in Q Grader is a plus
The barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees, teas and craft cocktails. The barista fulfills any other duties the store manager, assistant manager or shift supervisor assigns and represents The ForFive Coffee Shop in a professional manner.
We are hiring 4 Baristas at 311 W Monroe, Chicago. Illinois.
● Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
● Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
● Follows all Company drink recipes and procedures.
● Passes monthly re-certifications in a timely manner.
● Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends.
● Begins to educate themselves on the various types of coffee, tea products, blends and roasts.
● Basic bartending knowledge
● Proficiently prepares coffee and alcoholic beverages provided by the store.
● Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
● Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
● Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty. Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
● Full knowledge of coffee, bar and food menu.
● Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
● Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
● Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
● Weighs, grinds and packs coffee per customers’ orders according to Company guidelines.
● Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
● Maintains efficient, friendly service.
● Restocks shelves when necessary.
● Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash, etc.
● Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
● Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
● Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
● Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands
● Entry level position.
● Runs errands, when needed, to pick up supplies and/or product.
● May work special events, as needed.
● Maintains positive Company morale and professional attitude.
● Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
● Excellent verbal and written skills.
● Well-organized and detail-oriented.
● Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
● Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
● Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
● Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
● Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Allegro Venue program was created to offer a unique and superior coffee experience to our customers and WFM stores. You’ll be sharing your talent in crafting top quality Allegro coffee, espresso, and tea. Our Allegro Venues pride themselves in upholding core elements to an amazing customer experience: Exceptional customer service and hospitality, outstanding drink quality and consistency, operational excellence, TM development and education, and Allegro brand ambassadorship. Beyond providing an amazing experience for our customers, through our dedication to these elements we aim to positively impact the coffee industry. If you’re a passionate, driven person looking to share your enthusiasm for quality coffee, hospitality, and coffee sustainability through dedication and leadership, we’d love for you to join our team!
The Allegro Venue Team Leader position is a unique opportunity that provides leadership of our Allegro Coffee Bar within Whole Foods Market. As an Allegro Venue TL, you’ll be responsible for communicating, coaching, and executing standards and tasks that support the Allegro Venue program operational requirements, goals, and Allegro Venue Coordinators’ and Regional Coffee Coordinators’ guidance. You will define the rollout and execution of these elements partnering with your ATL and Supervisors and by embodying and communicating them to your team daily. Your leadership role and responsibilities will focus on defining and driving the following elements: exceptional customer service and hospitality, outstanding drink quality and consistency, operational excellence, Team Member development and education, and Allegro brand ambassadorship. This position will strive to support WFM core values and will be responsible for purchasing, all financial and accounting processes, scheduling, payroll, job dialogues, operational tasks, and adherence to all national and local food safety and health regulations.
This position offers a competitive wage, based on experience.
● Work cooperatively with Allegro Coffee Company, Allegro Venue Coordinators and Regional Coffee Coordinators to establish annual plans and budget for coffee category and ensure revenues, expenses and margins are on target each period.
● Perform financial and accounting tasks associated with the job including purchasing, receiving, invoice handling, inventory, margin reconciliation, and P&L review.
● Develop positive working relationship with other departments within Whole Foods including Store Leadership, department Team Leaders, Team Member Services and marketing team.
● After connecting with AVC and or RCC – Post requisitions immediately when positions open.
● Desire to coach and mentor TM’s (Team Members) to grow.
● Interview, hire, onboard, and train team members to sustain high performance and minimize turnover.
● Cultivate a welcoming environment for guests and team members, serving as a gathering place that consistently delivers the highest quality coffee and tea products with unparalleled customer service.
● Build excitement around the coffee program through delivering quality products, providing efficient and friendly service, and by creating a warm and welcoming environment.
● Perform all aspects of managing a coffee bar including:
● Write, manage and post weekly schedule to Allegro / regional guidelines
● Conduct and deliver team member job dialogues in a timely manner.
● Follow regional wage increase guidelines.
● Ensure Coffee Bar meets all Health Department and Food Safety Standards up to and including Ever clean audits and any regional specific requirements
● Maintain equipment maintenance and daily, weekly, monthly cleaning.
● Daily Point of Sale (POS) operations and cash handling where applicable
● Implement promotional programs.
● All Weekly financial tasks (purchasing, invoicing, PO tracker upkeep, waste tracking and reporting, transfers, etc.)
● Proven successful café or restaurant management and team member training /mentorship
● Have a passion and knowledge for coffee/tea and related products and equipment.
● Exceptional customer service skills
● Outgoing and engaging personality with the ability to create excitement around our products and to motivate a team.
● Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work independently or in teams.
● High standards of excellence and the ability to work to high quality and customer service standards.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficiency with email and operations-related applications.
● Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
● Knowledge of coffee quality standards and equipment.
● Proven analytical ability, proficiency in math to calculate margins, assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability and managing inventory.
Physical Requirements /Working conditions
● Standing and walking for extended periods of time, up to 8-12 hours.
● Bending, stooping and climbing.
● Mental and physical dexterity.
● Unassisted heavy lifting up to 50 pounds.
● Mandatory use of required personal protective equipment.
● Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals
● Repetition or sequence of duties.
● Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
● Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
● Where applicable, TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedure by Servers of Alcohol) course completion required and must be age 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol.
● Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holiday as needed
The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list.
Only online applications at the following website will be considered. Please apply here.
The Market Manager is responsible for the operation of the Sightglass Farmers Markets, which includes working with market vendors, regular customers, tourists, C.U.E.S.A management, and Sightglass management. Reporting to the SF Regional Retail Manager, the Market Manager provides all administrative functions to ensure a successful market operation, and also oversees the Assistant Market Manager.
● Able to lift over 50 lbs.
● Valid California Driver’s License.
● Clean driving record for insurance purposes.
● Ability to maintain a positive demeanor while employing a sense of urgency.
● Have a logical and methodological approach to problem solving.
● Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
● Resourceful in challenging situations.
● Motivated, energetic, flexible, professional, and dedicated.
Practices good judgment in all situations.
● Assumes responsibility for all operations of the mobile bar.
● Supports, demonstrates, and ensures proper store procedures for all market staff.
● Adheres to all company policies and protocols, and holds all coffee bar employees to that standard.
● Ensures that the company’s brand is properly reflected by keeping a well maintained and stocked mobile coffee bar.
● Able to direct staff as necessary, providing timely feedback and also in-the-moment coaching.
● Mentors and coaches Assistant Market Manager.
● Places orders for supplies/equipment as needed.
● Creates and publishes employee schedule.
● Submits staff payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
● Comfortable working with and troubleshooting issues with equipment. (like generators and propane tanks) and capable of driving a large Sprinter van.
● Willing to work early mornings/evenings, including either opening or closing the market operation with the help of the Assistant Manager.
● Maintains coffee knowledge on current offerings, and confidently and accurately communicates product information to customers and staff.
● Constantly strives to improve current processes and procedures.
● Maintains positive relations with C.U.E.S.A. management team.
● Renews operating permits annually, and adjusts current set-up to meet any new requirements of Health and Fire departments.
At Joe Coffee we believe that great coffee and great hospitality equals a great experience. As we continue to grow, we are always on the look out for seasoned cafe managers who have a passion for customer service, quality coffee and a helpful, kind can-do spirit. f you have experience managing a high volume cafe, then please send us your resume.
• Cultivate an exciting coffee environment and be a leader in the industry
• Represent Joe to your staff and customers
• Maintain operating expense and finance goals for the cafe
• Work with a variety of vendors
• Manage cafe inventory
• Supervise, lead and inspire staff on a daily basis
• Interview and hire employees based on cafe needs
• Work with the store’s coffee and espresso educators in order to educate staff on Joe coffee and products
• Administer employee reviews
• Maintain cafe equipment and schedule for regular maintenance
• Conduct staff meetings on a regular basis
• Attend bi-weekly meetings with other cafe managers and HQ staff
• A passion for coffee is a must
• Significant experience managing a cafe (at least 1 year experience)
• Ability to talk intelligently about coffee and make excellent coffee/espresso drinks
• Work well within a team framework — in the cafes, with peer managers and with company leaders
• Ability to multitask in a complex fast-paced environment
• Ability to lead a team and cultivate a positive work environment
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
• Solid management and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Positive attitude with a “no task is too small” outlook
• Food Handlers/ServSafe licensing/certification
• Competitive salary
• Performance based bonuses
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• All the coffee you can ever want!
Joe Coffee was founded in 2003 as a singular specialty coffee house in Manhattan’s West Village with the simple vision of brewing the highest quality, unique coffees and serving them with unsurpassed hospitality and knowledge. In order to bring such highly curated coffees to our customers, we worked alongside some of the most renowned domestic and international roasteries. With the July 2013 launch of our own roasting operations in Red Hook, Brooklyn, we now roast 100% of our own single-origin and blended offerings. Whether in the roastery or in one of our now 19 cafes, we strive to effect our deeply rooted core value proposition: the desire to build, maintain and strengthen community at every level from producer to customer.
Qualified candidates can apply directly on to the Joe Coffee Company careers page .
Founded in 2009, The Brooklyn Roasting Company buys, roasts and sells superb coffees from the world’s most renowned growing regions. We favor certified coffees (Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance, organic) and unique auction-lot coffees. All of our beans are roasted every day and expertly packaged in our state-of-the-art production facility in the historic Brooklyn Navy Yard to maximize flavor and freshness. The Brooklyn Roasting company work environment is collaborative, innovative, fun, and fast-paced.
Our team at Brooklyn Roasting Company is comprised of employees with diverse business backgrounds. We are looking for team members that are not only coffee professionals but great fits for our team. We have immediate needs for store managers.
Who we’re looking for
An experienced, agile leader who excels in a customer-centric work environment. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves; you understand the definition of hard work.
You are accountable to your business; creating a highly productive team and environment. You are able to balance priorities and adapt to the business needs. You enjoy being a part of your local community and participating in community events.
You have strong business acumen and can identify and address trends of store performance. You provide consistent coaching, training, and effective communication. You are a collaborative leader and understand that your team is the heartbeat of your business!
• 3+ years management experience in a retail or beverage/food environment
• Ability to work 40 plus hours per week with availability on nights and weekends
• Strong interpersonal skills; friendly, upbeat attitude, professional demeanor
• Experience managing a P&L statement
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or GED required
• Working partnership with director of retail operations
• Competitive pay scale, weekly pay frequency
• Free coffee (all you can drink plus one tin per week!)
• Health and medical benefits
• Paid time off
• Commuter benefits
• Learning and development, real opportunities for growth
• Continue to grow sales and consistently provide ideas for revenue growth
• Control inventory levels, labor, and other expenses
• Oversee all cash management for store and operating procedures
• Maintain a clean, well-merchandised store
• Uphold excellent customer service and coach team to uphold the same
• Resolve customer problems and ensure every customer leaves highly satisfied
Please send your resume via email to Jobs@brooklynroasting.com.