Sprudge is thrilled to announce that submissions are now open for the 2023 season of Build-Outs of Coffee. The feature series—a beloved annual tradition here at Sprudge since 2012—showcases new coffee bars, espresso rails, horsey trucks, and cafe hybrids opening around the world. The thrill of the build is back, baby, and we love it.
We will accept build-out submissions for new cafes that opened at any point in 2023. We are also accepting submissions for cafes presently under construction, with plans to open at any point in 2023. This year will feature an avowed focus on international cafes, including feature presentations in multiple languages, thanks to the support of our 2023 series sponsors.
Submissions are now open—consider this your open call to be featured in the 2023 Build-Outs of Coffee series. This year we’re looking for the following:
- New cafes under construction in 2023
- Cafe remodels that will be completed in 2023
- Tiny new cafes built on zero budget
- Expansive new cafes that push coffee design concepts forward
- Coffee bars considering sustainability and environmental impact
- Cafes from North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Antarctica (especially Antarctica) are eligible. We’d also gladly welcome any keen fit-outs from Australia and New Zealand.
The Build-Outs of Coffee season will kick off in June and close in September 2023. Submitting your cafe to be featured is absolutely 100% completely free—we do not charge a submission fee, and there is no cost to submitting cafes at any step of the process.
This compendium of coffee construction would be impossible without a truly incredible group of sponsors. We’re so excited about this group and looking forward to telling you more about the incredible work they do throughout the summer. Stay tuned!