A follow up to our Linea Caffe coverage from last month – they’re on the hunt for the right person to help steer the shop’s coffee program, and who knows? Maybe it’s you!

We had lunch with Andrew Barnett during a recent trip to San Francisco, and here’s what the living legend had to say:

“Caffe Linea is seeking an extraordinary person to fill the role of manager/ barista. We’re looking for someone with awesome people, service, barista, communication and managerial skills. Approximately 75% of the job involves working the bar and the other 25 % is managerial. A portion of ” bar” hours will includes regularly scheduled- educational cupping sessions, during which you’ll have access to coffees from exceptional roasters around the world.

advert new rules of coffee now available


“This is a super sweet opportunity to live in the San Francisco Bay Area, work with super nice, quality focused pros and serve some of the finest coffees anywhere. San Francisco’s Mission District is without a doubt one of my favorite neighborhood’s in the world. I never cease to be amazed by San Francisco’s beauty, cultural diversity and the mind boggling array of awesome places to eat + drink. Really, it doesn’t get any better!”

Here’s what they’re lookin’ for:

We’re looking for an awesome professional manager/ barista who can help lead the retail side of Linea Caffe’s coffee business. What we’re really looking for is someone who can wear a number of different hats and has the following skills:

• Possesses excellent people, communication, and customer service skills
• Highly proficient barista skills. Someone who has the ability to consistently and quickly dial in espresso grinder adjustments, shot brewing parameters and calibrate by taste. Must be extremely skilled with micro foam milk texturing and latte art.
• Excellent managerial skills
• Extremely organized
• Poised and efficient
• Excels in a fast paced environment
• Embraces cultural diversity and city living
• Excels at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
• Quality-focused and driven.
• Comfortable in taking and giving direction.
• Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for fine coffee
• Extreme concentration and focus
• Desire to learn from mistakes, without ego involvement
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment
• Ability to work eight hours each day while on your feet
• Occasional lifting and/or moving of up to 50 pounds
• Demonstrates problem-solving skills
• Excellent cash handling skills
• Technical aptitude and/or willingness to learn equipment details
• Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Google Docs and other organizational computer tools

Optimally, you love serving people and want to be part of a team that’s working towards delivering a world-class coffee experience.

E-mail your resume and a cover letter here! Remember, there’s nothing more important than a well written cover letter. If you need a little help with your cover letter copy, we recommend contacting Uncle Jordyhe really is the best in the business for copy writing your life, and his rates are very reasonable.

Looking for more sweet coffee work? Try

banner advertising the book new rules of coffee