This is your quick reference schedule for Round One of the 2014 World Barista Championship, hosted by World Coffee Events in Rimini, Italy. The opening field includes 54 baristas total, each eligible to advance based on points to the Semi Finals Round of 18. Official WBC Livestream is available here. Conversion tables for your local time are available here.
Sprudge.com is proud to serve as an Official Media Partner of World Coffee Events throughout the 2014 season. For play-by-play coverage of every competitor live from Rimini, follow@SprudgeLive on Twitter.
If you’re looking for Day Two competitors, skip down here.
Day One–Monday, June 9, 2014–28 Competitors
8. 10:35 Krisztian Nagy, Expresso Cafe Hungary, Hungary
10. 11:15 Dailess Nalwamba, Blue Moon Cafe, Zambia
15. 12:55 Kevin Israel Fortu, EDSA Beverage Design Group, Philippines
20. 2:35 Vinicio Bastidas, Cafe Logia, Ecuador
21. 2:55 Luca Casadei, Independent, France @lucacasadei7
25. 4:15 Leo Moco, Café do Moço, Brazil
28. 5:15 Harrysson Neira, El Café de Harry, Peru @harryneira
Day Two–Tuesday, June 10, 2014–25 Competitors
32. 9:15 Natalia Ostapyuk, World of Coffee, Ukraine
36. 10:35 Yalian Wu, Chu Family Cafe, China
37. 10:55 Helka Ikonen, Cafe Art, Finland
39. 11:35 Varatt Vichit-Vadakan, Think Beyond, Thailand
42. 12:35 Katarzyna Zyzalo, Independent, Poland
44. 1:15 Koray Erdogdu, Mambocino Coffee, Turkey
45. 1:35 David Coelho, Independent, Portugal
46. 1:55 Michal Kocman, Coffee Fusion, Czech Republic
49. 2:55 Stefan Laurentiu, Barista School, Romania
53. 4:15 Erika Chagoya Leon, Gradios!, Mexico
54. 4:35 Jose Luis Herrera Madrid, Cafe Estancia, Honduras
Top image via Wikipedia.