Marie Hagemeister won this year's World Aeropress Championship in London on June 25th, and since that day there's been just one question on the minds of her fans and well-wishers: “tell us how you did it, Marie!”
1. Boil the water (so it is 80 degrees when you pour it over the coffee)
2. Grind the coffee, slightly finer than filter grind (20 grams)
3. Aeropress upside down and soak the filter paper with hot water
4. Put in the coffee and pour the 80 degrees water over it, almost to the top.
5. Stir for 10-12 seconds
6. Heat the cup, and then slowly push the coffee in the cup – stop before you hear the air.
*ed. note – 80C = 176F
(Photo with gracious courtesy and inspiring wondrous awe from Liz Clayton)