The Third Wave Wichteln, an international secret santa coffee swap, had a very successful second year. Its first year saw 362 participants swappin’ seeds, and this year there were over 1,500.
Each Wichteln delivery contains at least 250 grams of specialty coffee from far flung parts of the world. Here are seven unique, surprising, and delightful Wichteln’s from 2014:
7. Darth roast from Café Brújula in Oaxaca.
6. A little Fox Rox from Mr. Hoban’s Coffee Roasting in Hamburg.
This is an Ethiopian Boginda beans, natural processed and roasted by Mr. Hoban’s roastery in Hamburg. Brewed using Rancilio Silvia.
5. Black Delight in Bergen via Black Delight Kaffeerösterei in Hamburg!
4. Dirty Berry, beautiful design from Playground Coffee in Hamburg.
3. All that glitters is Elbgold from Hamburg.
2. Le Coffee Guy? Tres bien!
Kalita Glass Brewer
250g of water 110 ppm, 95 Celcius degrees,
3:15 brew time
It’s said that Ethiopian coffee is the mother of all coffees – man can’t say anything wrong about a mother.
1. Triumph of the Swillings! All the way from Scottsdale, AZ.
The organizers are putting together a Google Map for all swaps here.