In April, coffee's brightest minds gathered at one of the biggest international coffee trade shows in Seattle, Washington. The Event kicked off with a two-day seminar called Symposium, an exclusive meeting of the minds that had been closed off to the public until 2013, when Symposium Director Peter Giuliano made the decision to begin releasing videos of each talk, TED-style.
These six coffee videos are talks from the 2014 Specialty Coffee Association of America's Symposium. It includes our very own Assistant Editor Alex Bernson, who spoke on the cafe as a social space. These coffee videos will make you think, make you laugh, make you cry, and make you smarter. But don't take our word for it.
6. Al Keating, A Story About Generosity And Influence
5. Jill Smith, All Milk is Not Created Equal–the Pure Éire Dairy Story
4. David Piza, How to Live With Coffee Leaf Rust, A Constant Reality
3. Gail Vance Civille, The Sensory Spectrum
2. Tracy Ging, A New Generation of Coffee Drinkers
1. Alex Bernson, Creating the Social Cafe
6. Al Keating, Managing & Creative Director of Coffee Supreme, A Story About Generosity And Influence
5. Jill Smith, Owner of Pure Éire Dairy, All Milk is Not Created Equal–the Pure Éire Dairy Story
4. David Piza, Relationship Coffee Manager at Sustainable Harvest, How to Live With Coffee Leaf Rust, A Constant Reality
3. Gail Vance Civille, Founder and President of Sensory Spectrum, The Sensory Spectrum – Looking Beyond Qualitative Analysis
2. Tracy Ging, Vice President of Sustainability and Strategic Initiatives for S&D Coffee, A New Generation of Coffee Drinkers
1. Alex Bernson, Assistant Editor of Sprudge, Creating the Social Cafe – A Holistic Approach to Staff & Customer Happiness
The SCAA Symposium website updates throughout the year with talks, discussion, ideas, and news. Keep up to date with it all here.