Communiation provided by the Specialty Coffee Association.
From Yannis Apostolopoulos, Chief Executive Officer, Specialty Coffee Association:
Today we are announcing the cancellation of the 2021 World of Coffee (WOC) trade show, scheduled to take place in Athens this June, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. We are continuing to pursue an alternative solution for the 2021 World Coffee Championships (WCC), which were to take place at the WOC trade show, and we will have more information on that subject in the coming weeks.
We are sad to cancel WOC but remain committed to doing what is best for the health of our staff and the many thousands of professionals that come together at this event every year.
On February 4, we announced that we were in conversations with our partners regarding the viability of moving forward with the 2021 events in Athens. Over the past few weeks, we’ve had talks with government and health officials in Athens, exhibitors, sponsors, competitors, judges, and many community members regarding the viability of holding the event. We want to thank every one of you for your patience and support as we assessed the situation and came to the final decision.
Our updated 2021-2023 trade show and world competitions schedule is as follows:
Specialty Coffee Expo (North American trade show)
- September 30 – October 3, 2021: New Orleans, LA, United States
- April 7-10, 2022: Boston, MA, United States
- April 20-23, 2023: Portland, OR, United States
World of Coffee (European trade show)
- June 16-18, 2022: Warsaw, Poland
- June 22-24, 2023: Athens, Greece
World Coffee Championships
- November 19-22, 2021: World Latte Art Championship, World Coffee in Good Spirits Championship, and World Coffee Roasting Championship – Taipei City, Taiwan
- We seek alternative solutions for the 2021 World Barista Championship, World Brewers Cup, World Cup Tasters Championship, and Cezve/Ibrik Championship. More information in the coming weeks.
For the full listing of upcoming events, visit our events calendar here: https://sca.coffee/events/.
Communication provided by the Specialty Coffee Association, published on Sprudge Press Releases. Want to submit your communication/press release for consideration? Get in touch.