It’s that time again! It’s time for the 2019 edition of the Build-Outs of Summer, Sprudge Media Network’s annual planet-spanning survey of cafes under construction across the global coffee scene. Submissions are now open!
Now in its incredible seventh season, Sprudge spends each summer delving deep into the global world of new cafes, documenting them far and wide, featuring dozens, no hundreds of the hottest cafes around the world in an ongoing narrative of coffee cultural growth and expansion. We yearn for the thrill of the build! And we’re ready to kick the dang thing off again, this time bigger and better than ever.
This is an open call to be featured in the 2019 Build-Outs of Summer series on Sprudge. This year we’re looking for:
- New cafes under construction between May and September of 2019
- Cafe remodels that will be completed by September 2019
- Tiny new cafes built on zero budget
- Expansive new cafes that push coffee design concepts forward
- Coffee bars considering sustainability and environmental impact
- Cafes from North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Antarctica (especially Antarctica)
The Build-Outs of Summer 2019 season will kick off on June 21st and close on September 23rd. To help keep this annual compendium of coffee construction free and open for all to enter, in 2019 Sprudge has partnered with a select group of presenting sponsors for Build-Outs of Summer. This summer’s series is brought to you in partnership with…
- Pacific Barista Series — purveyors of fine artisan alternative milks, a must-have for today’s modern and inclusive coffee bar.
- KeepCup — trendsetting creators of stunning, stylish reusable takeaway cups, and leaders for sustainability in the coffee bar and festival space.
- notNeutral — pioneers helping lead the fusion of coffee and contemporary vessel design, one “for here” order at a time.
- Mill City Roasters — makers of handcrafted artisan coffee roasting machines, for aspiring and established coffee roasters alike.
Throughout the summer we’ll learn a bit more about how our presenting partners are working with brands large and small to help make coffee dreams come true. These Build-Outs features are more than just cafe previews—they are a snapshot of where the global coffee culture, and where it’s headed next.
This year’s season will kick off shortly, so bring to us your tired entrepreneurs, working day and night to get the darn thing open (permits permitting); your project managers, your construction liaisons, your architects bedecked in blueprint blues; bring to us your thirsty PR reps, huddled masses yearning to breathe free (and bill fees); show us your carts, your bikes, your trikes, your rippin’ #vanlife conversion vans, your grand new cafe schemes and humble 200-square-foot espresso ventures, your palaces of brekkie, your porticos of ‘spro. Bring us your builds, and upon them we ourselves will build anon, and on, towards another annual edition of the Build-Outs of Summer!
The 2019 Build-Outs of Summer series on Sprudge Media Network is presented by Mill City Roasters, Pacific Barista Series, notNeutral and KeepCup.