It's here! Sign-ups are now live for the 2017 (!) Coffee Masters Tournament at the 2017 (!!) London Coffee Festival, happening April 6th-9th in Shoreditch.
What is Coffee Masters? It’s an exciting interdisciplinary coffee battle royale, pitting coffee professionals against each other in a no holds barred test of speed, skill, creativity and determination, all geared around delicious coffee. The competition was created by Allegra Events and DunneFrankowski—you can explore past coverage from throughout the Coffee Masters coverage archives on Sprudge.
16 competitor slots are available, and entries are welcome from around the world—Coffee Masters is a gleefully international event and we expect this year's London event to be the most diverse field yet. As in years past, entries are selected via short form video entry. Here's what the organizers are looking for:
- Videos must be a minimum of one minute and a maximum of two minutes in length
- You must present/introduce yourself and your Signature Drink recipe within the video
- You should demonstrate personality, pride, passion and professionalism
- The presentation of your Signature Drink recipe should be clear, informative and creative
- You should clearly demonstrate your knowledge and ability as a professional barista and coffee expert
Complete details on how to enter are available here via Coffee Masters. To see examples of previous Signature Drink videos, please click here, and check out a few of our past favorites below, from competitors Nick Mabey (Assembly Coffee) and June Thornton (Document Coffee).
Sprudge is proudly partnered with Allegra Events and will be covering this year's Coffee Masters Tournaments in London and New York City. Look for more updates on Sprudge as judges, prizes, and the final roster of competitors are announced, and of course stay tuned throughout the event weekend in April. But for now—if you know a talented coffee professional, or have always dreamed of excelling yourself on one of coffee's biggest stages, the time is now. The deadline for entry is January 31st, 2017.
Read all past Coffee Masters coverage on Sprudge.