Fashion. Coffee. The two worlds collided at the 2016 New York Coffee Festival in Manhattan. I explored the grounds of the 69th Regiment Armory on the lookout for stylish festival-goers, and it didn’t take long to spot cute coffee drinkers sporting everything from t-shirts to ties and jumpers to jumpsuits. After chatting with a diverse array of attendees, I was surprised and pleased to discover how diverse the crowd really was; roaming amongst the expected baristas, trainers, and account reps were a sea of curious coffee drinkers who had no reason at all to be at the event except for their appreciation for the drink. Truly this was a festival for the common man, but by no means were their outfits basic.
Here are ten of my very favorite looks from the floor of the 2016 New York Coffee Festival.
1. Ky Katrensky, Director of Operations and Amanda Ventresca, Barista, Variety Coffee Roasters
2. Patricia Germain, Lead Educator, Procreate Coffee NYC
3. Emily Rosenberg, Manager of Education and Account Development, Stumptown Coffee Roasters
4. Jamie Berezin and John Louth, Editors, Oxford University Press
5. Jonas Van Eetvelt, Barista, Or Coffee Roasters
6. Joo Lee, coffee drinker and Assistant Designer, Global Brands Group
8. Laura Marriott, Account Manager, KeepCup
9. Alex Bernson, Marketing Manager, World Coffee Events
10. Helen Magodan and Sam Schrag, coffee enthusiasts
Joanna Han is a Sprudge contributor based in New York City. Read more Joanna Han on Sprudge.