This coming Sunday, June 5th, Sprudge takes Manhattan for a very special presentation of the Coffee Sprudgecast, a globe trotting coffee podcast spectacular from Sprudge co-founders Jordan Michelman & Zachary Carlsen. We're teaming up with our besties at Everyman Espresso for a night we're calling Sprudge After Dark, and it's all happening at the Classic Stage Company (136 E. 13th Street) housed deep within the original Everyman Espresso location in the East Village.
Founded in 1967, the Classic Stage Company is a legit off-Broadway theater destination that has played host to such remarkable performers as Diane Wiest, Peter Sarsgaard, Alan Cumming, Peter Dinklage, John Turturro, Christopher Lloyd, F. Murray Abraham, Stanley Tucci, Uma Thurman, Frances McDormand and countless more. But this weekend it will host these equally incredible performances:
- Stand-up comedy from the brilliant mind of Jenna Gotthelf
- Interviews with legendary NYC coffee writers Oliver Strand, Liz Clayton, and Matt Buchanan
- Live drag from noted NYC performers Kimberly Clark and Mini Horrorwitz
- Janet Olivia Konz performing her landmark interpretive dance, “The Life of a Coffee Tree”
- Gigantic anthropomorphic coffee beans, ready to wiggle and giggle
- Pizza and delicious drinks!
All this and much more, for just $5 at the door. We'll be taping it all for a very special (impossibly special, really) upcoming episode of the Coffee Sprudgecast, sponsored by KitchenAid and La Marzocco. Join us! Be there, and catch up with past episodes of the ‘cast by subscribing on iTunes.