From an opening field of 54 baristas, we’re now left with just 6; these are your 2014 World Barista Championship Finalists. Rare air indeed, with 5 brand new finalists this year representing some of the very best coffee companies on the planet. There are no front runners anymore, as each of these six champions are deserving of the title. But only one can be crowned. Whose life will change forever? Who will become the 2014 World Bairsta Champion?
Tune in on Thursday, June 12th beginning at 11:45AM CET to find out. Conversion tables for your local time are available here. Your official WBC Livestream is available here, and you can follow @SprudgeLive on Twitter for play-by-play coverage of every competitor live from Rimini.
Sprudge.com is proud to serve as an Official Media Partner of World Coffee Events throughout the 2014 season. Sprudge.com’s coverage of the 2014 World Barista Championship is made possible by direct support from Nuova Simonelli.
1. 11:45 William Hernandez, Viva Espresso, El Salvador @williamhve @VivaEspresso1
2. 12:25 Kapo Chiu, The Cupping Room, Hong Kong @thecuppingroom
3. 1:05 Maxwell Colonna-Dashwood, Colonna & Small’s, United Kingdom @colonna_smalls
4. 1:45 Craig Simon, Think Tank Coffee, Australia @thinktankcoffee @craig_simon
5. 2:25 Hidenori Izaki, Maruyama Coffee Company, Japan @maruyamacoffee @hcoespsp
6. 3:05 Christos Loukakis, TAF, Greece @chrisbarista @tafcoffee
Original photography by Sprudge.com by Eileen P. Kenny.