Sprudge is thrilled to announce that submissions are now open for the 2022 season of Build-Outs of Coffee. The feature series—a beloved annual tradition here at Sprudge since 2012—showcases new coffee bars, espresso rails, horsey trucks, and cafe hybrids opening around the world. The thrill of the build is back, baby, and we love it. rld.
We will accept build-out submissions for new cafes that opened at any point in 2022. We are also accepting submissions for cafes presently under construction, with plans to open at any point in 2022. This year will feature an avowed focus on international cafes, including feature presentation in multiple languages, thanks to the support of our 2022 series sponsors.
Submissions are now open—consider this your open call to be featured in the 2022 Build-Outs of Coffee series. This year we’re looking for:
- New cafes under construction between January 2022 and September of 2022
- Cafe remodels that will be completed by September 2022
- Tiny new cafes built on zero budget
- Expansive new cafes that push coffee design concepts forward
- Coffee bars considering sustainability and environmental impact
- Cafes from North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Antarctica (especially Antarctica) are eligible. We’d also gladly welcome any keen fit-outs from Australia and New Zealand.
The Build-Outs of Coffee 2022 season will kick off on June 1st, 2022 and close in late September. Submitting your cafe to be featured is absolutely 100% completely free—we do not charge a submission fee, and there is no cost to submitting cafes at any step of the process.
This compendium of coffee construction would be impossible without a truly incredible group of sponsors. We’re so excited about this group, and looking forward to telling you more about the incredible work they do throughout the summer. The 2022 Build-Outs of Coffee is presented by La Marzocco, Dona, and Mill City Roasters. Build-Outs of Coffee 2022 is sponsored by Pacific Barista Series, Acaia, and Marco Beverage Systems.