Welcome to SprudgeJobs, a new division of Sprudge.com on hirings and availability from our valued partners in specialty coffee.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Barista (2 positions)
Start Date: As soon as Possible
Uncover a career as a barista. To aid in our pursuit of an excellent coffee experience, our Grand Rapids cafe is searching for baristas with a keen sense of service and an ability to achieve assiduous celerity in coffee brewing and tasting. Open and flexible schedule highly preferred. Must work some Sundays. One position would need to be available a minimum of 35 hours a week and the other 25 hours a week. No experience required.
Please email your resume, including a brief biography and a one paragraph response to the question, “Why I desire this job”, to: jobs [at] madcapcoffee.com with “GR CAFE RESUME” in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Customer Service Rep
Café Imports, an importer, developer and seller of the highest quality green coffees worldwide, is seeking a highly motivated individual to be its Customer Service Rep. This position will require attention to detail, an ability to accept and complete work as a team member and exceptional customer service potential and or experience. Coffee experience is a plus. A high level of interest in quality food, coffee is a must.
The Customer Service Rep will be responsibilities will include; triaging phone calls, assisting clients with information on previous orders and shipments, processing orders for Sales Reps, learning the basics of coffee and quality control. They will be the first point of contact for our valued clients on a day to day basis.
Experience & Skills
This is an entry level position at Café Imports. Relevant work experience in customer service and managing information and details will be important. Ability to work well with others will be important.
Candidates must have a college degree and minimum 3.0 GPA. Successful candidates will possess strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong overall presentation skills. This position will require the ability to learn quickly and take direction and correction professionally and constructively.
Café Imports is a small and exciting entrepreneurial organization. Our culture is perfectly suited for the individual who takes pride in providing excellent and accurate service to clients and colleagues. Our compensation, benefits and incentive plan are complete and competitive.
Please email resumes. No calls please.
• exceeding the expectations of guests and co-workers
• having an open mind about coffee.
Experience is a plus, but not necessary. Our Barista Training Program will take new hires with some or little experience and introduce them to our recipes and techniques along with an ongoing education with coffee.
Our hiring decisions will be driven primarily by the following:
• Work Ethic
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work efficiently
• Positive attitude
• Natural alignment with Coffee Bar’s philosophies
• Attention to Detail
The following skills are not required, but are a plus:
• Working knowledge of the specialty coffee industry and contemporary coffeehouse culture
• Familiarity of SCAA standards in coffee and espresso preparation.
• Understanding finer points of espresso in regards to extraction i.e. dosage, yield, extraction time, temperature, and flavor.
• Ability to adjust espresso grinder to optimize extraction.
• Milk steaming and pouring; understanding of the finer points of steaming to control texture and pour latte art.
• Knowledge and passion for food in general including high end pastry, café food and other artisan offerings.
• Familiarity with coffee and espresso equipment, understand calibration/maintenance to get consistent high quality results.
• Ability to taste and describe coffee and espresso offerings to customers.
Please send COVER LETTER and RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Title: Service Technician
Reports to: Owners, production team
Pay rate: Hourly, depends on experience, part-time to start.
The Service Technician position provides direct equipment repair and maintenance support to Dogwood’s wholesale customers on location, as well as refurbish and repair equipment in house. This person is also the main contact between Dogwood and the coffee equipment manufacturers, and will be in charge of maintaining our relationship with these vendors. The Service Technician must provide excellent customer service to our wholesale partners, as well as work closely with managers to provide training on proper preventative equipment maintenance and cleaning.
- Communicate with wholesale partners to troubleshoot equipment problems, both over the phone and in person. Schedule repairs and maintenance directly with managers.
- Communication with our equipment vendors about maintenance, repairs, spare parts and be aware of new technology and improvements. We work mostly with Synesso, La Marzocco, Fetco, Curtis, Ditting, Mazzer, Mahlkönig.
- Install coffee equipment at new accounts. Bench test equipment in house if necessary.
- Keep tech area clean and organized, inventory parts efficiently.
- Create and maintain systems for logging customer information, repairs and preventative maintenance including water filtration.
- Be able to use quickbooks to invoice customers for service, parts etc.
- At least 2 years of coffee equipment repair and installation experience (manual espresso machines, coffee brewers, water towers etc.)
- Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems as it relates to coffee equipment.
- Good understanding of espresso and coffee extraction and knowledge of SCAA and Dogwood Coffee standards for brewing.
- Must be able to drink coffee, espresso and soy or regular milk on a daily basis
- General computer skills, excel, word etc. Good writing skills a plus.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Must provide own vehicle to start, mileage will be compensated.
Please send a resume, cover letter and references to Stephanie [at] dogwoodcoffee.com if interested. This position requires experience with coffee equipment! While we are certainly always learning new things about coffee and espresso, we need someone who can begin maintenance and repairs right away. This is a job for someone who is self-directed and can problem solve independently.
Venice Beach Cafe Retail Manager
|Position Summary||The Retail Manager is responsible for the coffeebar’s overall financial performance and operational success. Working in a fast-paced environment, the Retail Manager is expected to build a strong and well-developed team that demonstrates a high level of customer service, and ensures that the quality of coffee and tea is both excellent and consistent by continuously adhering to Intelligentsia’s high drink standards.|
|Duties and Responsibilities||Budget and Operations
|Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred, AND, at least two (2) years of relevant work experience in which a supervisory position was held, preferably within the specialty coffee, hospitality or retail industries.Qualifications:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the above-mentioned duties successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions below.
Los Angeles Wholesale Account Manager
Supervisor: Wholesale Department Manager
Collaborates with: CEO, COO, CPO, CFO, Lead Roaster, Green Bean Buyer,, Roast Coordinator, Inventory coordinator, shipping and receiving coordinator, QC, Communications specialist.
This is an exempt position.
Direct Reports: None
Eligible to participate in the company health insurance plan after 90 days
Weekly Schedule: Minimum of 40-45 hours per week is expected although exact days and hours are determined based on the needs of the company. Flexibility is essential during busy seasons or when normal workflow is interrupted by unforeseen events.
Treating all our guests, partners and co-workers with respect and understanding is one of the cornerstones of our success and shares the same level of importance as the quality of our coffee. All employees are expected to contribute to the team by performing their job in a way that supports the on-going operation, growth and financial success of our business. All employees are expected to embody Blue Bottle Coffee Company’s philosophy and mission through customer interactions and business practices.
As an Account Manager for Blue Bottle Coffee you are responsible for supporting, managing and promoting Blue Bottle Coffee to coffeehouses, cafes, up-market grocery, restaurants and hotels.
Blue Bottle’s performance expectations for the Account Manager are:
Focused on Customer Relationships
Communicate with customers in a positive and supportive manner
Offer product information, knowledge and suggestions
Support accounts with financial information (profitability analysis, cost breakdown, pricing structure)
Build sales through product recommendations, knowledge of new coffees, and support of the growth of new and existing accounts
Resolve customer issues by providing constructive solutions
Sample customer products and observe product execution to ensure product quality standards
Add value to existing accounts by providing support through a deep knowledge of the coffee, our training programs, and all recommended equipment.
Deal with “difficult” or rude customers in a compassionate and professional manner
Conduct customer cuppings, tastings and equipment demos to increase consumer awareness and education
Conduct espresso and brewed coffee trainings
Know the history, the mission and the goals of the company.
Understand our high standards and quality expectations for all our coffee including single origins and blends and are able to hold others to those expectations.
Have a clear understanding of coffee technically and historically, including: countries of origin, coffees produced, decaf processes, roasting technology and processing methods.
Cup coffee regularly to maintain familiarity with product and quality standards
Stay informed of new coffee availability and pricing
Stay informed of knowledge of ancillary products (support supplies, equipment, filtration)
Stay informed of industry trends and movements
Basic understanding of brewing equipment and technical issues
Efficiency and Organization
Report weekly to the Wholesale Manager
Prioritize work tasks and manage time effectively
Prioritize time and account visits based on tiered accounts
Maintain information and communication in an organized manner
Maintain work areas and customer information in an organized manner (paperwork, files, etc.)
Stay focused on job responsibilities, objectives and goals
Financial Responsibility and Profitability
Handle company property, equipment and assets with care and responsibility
Minimize waste through accurate ordering
Help control costs by working efficiently
Arrive at work on time with a positive attitude, prepared to work. (Leave worries, troubles & stresses at home.)
Be flexible with availability and work schedule
Communicate with manager and other team members regularly, effectively, and in a positive manner
Participate actively in team meetings
Treat others with respect (including customers, team mates and managers)
Keep an open mind and maintain an inclusive & non-discriminatory attitude
Avoid coming to work when sick or injured
Consistently meet commitments in a timely and professional manner.
Take constructive criticism well and offer it to others professionally and respectfully.
Seek outside resources on your own to enhance your skills and talents.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Able to use online tools including Microsoft word and excel, Google docs and apps as well as other online organizational tools.
Basic math and computer skills
Two plus years in a management (or equivalent) position at an established specialty coffee industry business
A deep understanding of the world of coffee and how exciting it can be
A deep desire to take care of our wholesale partners even in the face of difficulty.
Enough financial intelligence to read sales reports, create spreadsheets with sales data and create and report a cost/benefit analysis for multiple scenarios.
Excellent phone, email and in-person communication skills
Ability to read and speak English proficiently
Full Time Accountant
We began in 2002, roasting coffee in a tiny potting shed and serving customers at Bay Area farmers markets. Now, a few years later – and thanks to the enthusiastic support of many loyal customers – we’ve grown to a small network of cafes and wholesale partners. We are still united by the simple purpose of getting great coffee to everyone who asks for it. Improbably and delightfully, there are hundreds of us now. We roast on two coasts, we make great drinks, we clean up after ourselves, we bake cookies, we type up invoices, we get change at the bank, we say please and thank you. We offer the elderly and pregnant our seats on the bus and brush and floss daily.
We place an enormous emphasis on deliciousness, hospitality and sustainability. Treating all of our guests and co-workers with respect and understanding is one of the cornerstones of our success and shares the same level of importance as the quality of our coffee.
Who should work at Blue Bottle Coffee Company?
Short answer: people who love coffee! Longer (and maybe more specific one): We look for people whose values resonate with ours, and who will happily and naturally embrace the things we’re all about. We strive for these values to be visible in all of our interactions with each other.
Employees are expected to contribute to the team by performing their job in a way that supports the ongoing operation, growth and financial success of our business. We’re a small team in the financial arm of the company. This means job duties can shift, flexibility and helpfulness is key, and that there is always a remarkable amount of work to do. We look for employees who are natural process improvers, who are efficient and sharp. We have fun as we work and avoid competition.
If our coffee, mission, and work environment sound appealing and you love accounting, then send your cover letter and resume by Oct. 2 to BBCAcctSept2013@gmail.com and explain what excites you about this opportunity and how you think you can contribute.
Under the direction of the Controller and in collaboration with the rest of the finance team, the Accountant provides general accounting support, including but not limited to booking month-close journal entries, bank reconciliations, coffee inventory tracking, small project work, light data entry, and overall being a positive, helpful presence in our office. Blue Bottle Coffee is a growing company. Responsibilities of individual members of the finance team can change on a quarterly basis as improvements or changes are made with processes and reporting. In our ever-changing environment, it is essential that you perform well, collaboratively and individually.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (accounting coursework strongly preferred.)
- Accounting knowledge with a thorough understanding of double-entry bookkeeping.
- 1-2 years public or industry accounting experience.
- Experience in the coffee industry preferred.
- Proficiency with computers, phone systems, and other organizational tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily Excel.
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions experience a plus.
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently.
Execution and Job Knowledge (In addition to those listed, other duties may be assigned.)
To fulfill essential duties and responsibilities you:
- Work with a sense of urgency.
- Learner and problem-solver.
- Easily troubleshoot and find errors quickly.
- Are a self-starter and have ability to work independently when necessary.
- Consistently seek and implement where possible more efficient processes and procedures.
- Ability to maintain focus in an open office environment.
- Are reliable, honest and care about your work.
- Are professional at all times and in all situations.
- Act as a representative of Blue Bottle Coffee Company at all times.
- Able to follow policies and procedures.
- Are punctual.
- Keep all work areas clean and tidy.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial records.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Sales receipt data entry and/or upload into accounting software.
- Track coffee inventory and reconcile monthly.
- Book month-close journal entries.
- Use Excel to manipulate data for preparing journal entries.
- Perform light data entry.
- Cross train with other members of the finance team to ensure adequate coverage both of own and other’s time during PTO.
- Complete other bookkeeping and miscellaneous tasks that arise.
Relationship Building & Collaborative Teamwork
To fulfill essential duties and responsibilities you:
- Work effectively in a small team environment.
- Are able to build long lasting professionally healthy relationships.
- Seek out supportive advice, direction and guidance from your direct manager regularly.
- Communicate with manager and other team members regularly, effectively, and in a positive manner.
- Attend meetings as required and request meetings as you need them.
- Collaborate with all other members of the company professionally, respectfully and with integrity.
- Demonstrate exemplary communication skills – in person, on the phone, by email, in text messages or when using any other communication tool.
- Visibly enjoy working in the action of the moment.
- Like being creative and can be resourceful.
- Visibly enjoy working in a high volume sales setting and can work effectively and efficiently at all times.
- Consistently meet commitments in a timely and professional manner.
- Take constructive criticism well and offer it to others professionally and respectfully.
- Can be flexible and jump in wherever needed even if the tasks fall outside of your job description.
- Arrive at work on time with a positive attitude, prepared to work.
- Participate actively in meetings.
- Treat others with respect (including customers, coworkers and managers.)
- Avoid coming to work when sick or injured.
If you need help copy editing your cover letter, contact Uncle Jordy’s Copy Writing Services: He’ll Write Copy For Your Life!