Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Daily coffee roasting
- Roast green coffee according to strict standards of consistency and quality
- Timely roast appropriate quantities of green coffee required to fill orders
- Operate machinery safely according to company training manuals
- Report temp changes
- Agtron level changes
- Collect and provide samples of each roast for daily cupping and quality control analysis
- Participate in cupping and analysis daily.
- Participate in developing roast profiles for all current and new coffee offerings
- Maintain sales samples daily
Green coffee management
- Organize all coffee origins/types in accordance with proper segregation requirements/specifications
- Document proper inventory tracking/records
- Delivery management/data logging
- Unload shipments, organize, maintain cleanliness in the “Green Mile” storage
- Roaster daily maintenance and cleanliness
- Thoroughly understand and maintain roaster equipment
- Assure that proper preventative maintenance is performed
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Manage the chaff and burlap reuse
- Assure that all quality and sanitary standards are achieved
- Hyper-awareness of quality from Green through Packaging
- Blend adherence on large orders.
Supervise production roasting staff.
Must be able to lift up to 150lbs of green coffee to waist level and lift 50lbs to shoulder level on a regular basis
Displays a quest for knowledge encompassing the entire coffee culture of The Roasterie, engaging in everything it takes to deliver the finest, most flavorful cup of coffee possible – including a developed coffee palate
Works as an effective company leader, liaising with others and contributing to our overall customer and employee experience
Assist in production and perform other duties as assigned
Minimum 5 years of professional coffee experience either within management, quality control, roasting, and/or combination
(4) year Post-graduate education, or (5) year experience with wholesale operations or management will be considered. Both is highly preferred.
Possess strong mathematical and time management skills
Individual should be self-motivated and self-starting, exhibit an ability of multi-task and require little supervision
Possess a passion, creativity and love of coffee
Demonstrate the ingenuity and creativity needed in order to assist in development of new products, services or processes therefore contributing to the development of new business strategies
Each Roasterie employee is expected to take ownership of everything they do throughout their day and understand the level of teamwork required to ensure that The Roasterie consistently creates that extraordinary coffee experience
Should possess the ability to effectively interact with internal and external customers under the values established by The Roasterie:
- Accountability – We willingly answer for the results of our behavior
- Commitment – We maintain superior standards of quality and performance
- Excellence – We put forth our best efforts
- The Golden Rule – We treat others the way we want to be treated
- Passion – We demonstrate love and enthusiasm for the work we do
- Positive Attitude – We are optimistic and constructive in our approach to life
- Teamwork – We work together in our development, problem solving, and achievements to accomplish our shared vision
- Exhibit to our team commitment of providing all we encounter with extraordinary coffee experiences.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb stairs, sit, see, touch, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must frequently lift up to 50lbs of coffee to shoulder height, transport up to 150lbs of coffee via hand truck and occasionally move or lift up to 50lbs of allied product and load onto trucks.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Departments: Quality Control & Production
Reports to: General Manager
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Full Benefits (DOE)
Apply at: https://ciims.cindexinc.