- This event has passed.
In Person Author Talk: Jordan Michelman & Zachary Carlsen, But First, Coffee
November 16, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$22.95
Did you pre-order But First, Coffee from us and want to attend the event? Please purchase a ticket, then email us!
Book Larder is excited to welcome Sprudge’s Jordan Michelman and Zachary Carlsen back to the shop on Thursday, November 16, at 6:30pm to celebrate the release of their new book, But First, Coffee – everything you need to know about brewing, using, and enjoying coffee at home, featuring more than 40 recipes, from morning cup to coffee-spiked nightcap.
Jordan and Zachary’s friends at La Marzocco will be setting up one of their beautiful machines right here in our demo kitchen, and they’ll be pulling espresso shots on the night to mix some zero-proof Irish coffees (yes, there will be decaf!) as well as other treats from the book. Don’t miss this chance to level up your at-home coffee game and learn from the founders of the world’s most popular coffee website!
Reservations are non-refundable and include a signed copy of the $20 book. Applicable sales tax and a $0.75 transaction fee are also included. Can’t attend but still want a signed book? Order here for shipping or in-store pickup.
About the book: This entertaining and informative book from the cofounders of Sprudge, the world’s most popular coffee website, shows readers the many ways they can enjoy coffee at home, from detailed instructions on countertop brewing methods like Chemex, AeroPress, and French press to recipes that use coffee as an ingredient in cocktails, milkshakes, floats, and even a spice rub. Whether you use an automatic coffee maker or a fancy La Marzocco espresso machine, this book will build your coffee-crafting knowledge, with recipes such as Caffe con Panna (a shot of espresso topped with whipped cream), Affogato (espresso poured over ice cream), a coffee-chocolate syrup, and the classic Espresso Martini. The book also includes tips and guidance on the gear you need to create the home coffee experience that’s right for you; expert instructions for more than two-dozen brewing methods for coffee and espresso, as well as sections on how to build a mug collection and how to find the best coffee beans on the market.
Find out more about coffee!
Curious about the world of coffee? From non-dairy creamer to experimental co-ferment processing, we have you covered…
- What Is An Americano? Espresso, Hot Water, and History
- What Is A Norwegian Egg Coffee?
- What Is An Affogato?
- What Is A Cortado?
- What Is A Caramel Macchiato?
- What is Dalgona Coffee?
- What Is A Matcha Latte?
- What Is Robusta Coffee?
- What Is The Coffee Belt?
- Does Coffee Grow In The United States?
- Can I Grow a Coffee Houseplant?
- What Is Laurina Coffee?
- What Is Eugenioides Coffee?
- Is The Coffee Plant A Tree, Bush, Or Shrub?
- Should You Drink Coffee After 70?
- How Is Coffee Decaffeinated?
- Coffea Stenophylla Is Ready For A Closer Look
- Regenerative Agriculture In Coffee: The Promise of True Sustainability
- The Future of Coffee In Vietnam: An Interview With The Founders of Bosgaurus + Every Half Coffee Roasters
- The Wonderful Rio Coffee World Of Leonardo Gonçalves
- The Debt Payer: Coffee Pests, Climate Change, And Hopes For A Better Harvest In Northern Sumatra
- Еспресо-машина на газу: як одеська кав’ярня Foundation працює під час війни
- In Ukraine, Foundation Coffee’s Gas-Powered Espresso Life During Wartime
- Mikael Jasin and the Future of Indonesian Coffee