Reading Rainbrew: Blue Bottle’s Book Is Now Available
After months of anticipation, 20-50 verbal inquiries per day at their retail outlets, and one tremendously hunty critical essay from Josh Ozersky, today marks the official release of Blue Bottle Coffee’s much-anticipated new book. Titled “The Blue Bottle Craft of Coffee“, written by James Freeman, Caitlin Freeman, and Tara Duggan, and published by Ten Speed Press, curious would-be readers can now pick up their copy at any Blue Bottle cafe, or online via a variety of fine book dealers.
Readers can expect all of the following and more!
- Farmer profiles on Lorie Obra (Hawaii) and Aida Battle (El Salvador).
- Coffee growing, cupping, and roasting.
- A whole bunch of brew guides, including ones for Nel Drip, Turkish, and Siphon Pot
- Baked good recipes, including those “perfect for dunking.”
- A classical music dissertation from James Freeman himself.
But it is not enough for one to simply release a book. Good heavens, no – there must be a book tour! Blue Bottle has a pretty neat slate of events coming up, all of which are free, and should be fun, and will likely come with free pastries and stuff, etc. Folks in New York City can join Blue Bottle here:
Monday, October 15: Greenlight Bookstore – 7:30 pm – 686 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY
Tuesday, October 16: Williams-Sonoma – 6pm – 121 E. 59th Street, New York, NY
Wednesday, October 17th : 92nd Street Y – 7pm – 200 Hudson Street, New York, NY (presented by Edible Selby, with Danny Bowien, Caitlin and James Freeman, Chad Robertson, and Chris Ying).