Welcome to Sprudge Jobs, a division of the Sprudge Media Network focused on hirings and availability from the best brands in specialty coffee. Interested in posting a job? Contact us.
- goodboybob coffee roasters – Multiple Positions – Los Angeles and Santa Monica, California
- Balzac Brothers & Company – Specialty Coffee Junior Sales Associate/Lab Technician – Charleston, South Carolina
- Vero Coffee Roaster – Director of Coffee & Roasting – Franklin Park, Illinois
- Brio Coffeeworks – Retail and Cafe Operations Manager – Burlington, Vermont
- Corvus Coffee Roasters – Cafe Manager – Denver, Colorado
- Paradeco Coffee Roasters – Lead Barista – St. Petersburg, Florida
- Healdsburg Country Store – Barista – Healdsburg, California
- Northeastern Coffee Equipment – Experienced Espresso Technician – Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- Caffe Ibis Roasting Company – Service Manager – Logan, Utah
- Caravela Coffee – Quality Assurance Manager – Houston, Texas
- RATIO – Customer Experience and Sales Associate – Portland, Oregon
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters – Production and Fulfillment Tech – Temporary – New York, New York
- Java Love – Coffee Roaster – Suffern, New York
- Goodfellows Coffee – Baristas – Cypress, California
- Dolce Neve, Inc. – Field Service Technician – San Francisco Bay Area, California
- Olympia Coffee Roasting Company – Cafe Manager – Olympia, Washington
- Goodfellows Coffee – Baristas – Cypress, California
goodboybob coffee roasters
Los Angeles and Santa Monica, California
In addition to Baristas, we are hiring for multiple positions. Please contact us for more information.
We are looking for people with a passion for coffee, but even more so, a passion for people. We believe that amazing quality requires amazing service and personality. We seek to give every person through the door an insider experience even if it is their first visit to our shop. As a barista you will be asked to make espresso based drinks, teas, work register, do dishes and provide great service to customers, among other tasks. Applicants will need to have open availability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
Compensation: DOE + tips, very competitive rates
• Dial in 2-4 espressos daily
• Dial in pour over options
• Dial in batch brew
• Stocking and cleaning
• Work in teams and problem solve
• Communicate clearly and work according to standards
• Maintain a strong work ethic
• Retail experience and plus
• strong work ethic
• work as a member of a team
• flexible schedule
• weekend availability
• food handlers certification
• passion for coffee
• experience with specialty coffee a plus
• ability to lift heavy objects
• ability to be on your feet for up to 8 hour per day
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: December 3rd 2020
Specialty Coffee Junior Sales Associate/Lab Technician
Charleston, South Carolina
Balzac Brothers is a 4th generation family-owned coffee importer in Charleston, SC. We source coffee from origins all over the world and sell to coffee roasters throughout North America. This is a dynamic position with incredible opportunity for varied exposure throughout the coffee sector. Our office environment is casual and supportive, and employees work closely together to drive the business forward. For more information, please visit http://balzacbrothers.com/.
This position announcement is for a member of our specialty sales and quality control team, working with new and existing clients to grow the sales of our specialty coffee portfolio. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the coffee trade and will possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
Primary Job responsibilities include
• Coffee Sales
• Client Management
• Business Development
• Maintaining professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
• Coffee tasting and quality control
• Cupping lab setup/cleanup; Green coffee sample roasting
• Preparation of coffee samples to be sent to customers
• Specialty coffee roast profiling
Required Qualifications Include
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
• Experience in a customer-facing role
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to easily develop relationships
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask effectively
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong addiction to coffee
Preferred Qualifications Include
• An understanding of the coffee industry
• A passion for sustainability and the environment
• 2-3 years experience in the Coffee Industry
• The ability to travel nationally and internationally to visit customers and producers or attend coffee events
• Experience with CRM software.
• Hungry for knowledge
• Takes Risks
• Detail Oriented
• Beautiful historic office in beautiful Charleston, SC
• Unlimited coffee
• 3 weeks of vacation in your first year (4 weeks every year after that)
• Simple IRA Retirement plan after your first year
• Fully paid medical plan
• Opportunity for advancement
• Open communication with all the leadership of the company. We’re always listening
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Posted: December 3rd 2020
Vero Coffee Roaster
Director of Coffee & Roasting
Franklin Park, Illinois
Vero Coffee is a specialty coffee company located just northwest of Chicago in Franklin Park. Our coffee is created in the old-world tradition of small batch roasting, blending exceptional quality beans from around the world for an authentic coffeehouse experience. This is what drives us to source the best, most interesting beans from coffee growing regions around the world and build strong, lasting relationships with our partners.
We are looking for a passionate, creative and experienced coffee individual that can bring valuable insights and assist in directing the brand. This individual must be an energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset who will be responsible for developing the culture of our coffee operation.
We are seeking a key player who has ability to engineer the success of the coffee program via sourcing, selection, roasting and fine tuning all aspects our coffee products.
Schedule –Monday thru Saturday, based on need, 6am-6pm. Hours/Days flexible based on time of year and business needs.
• Manage, establish and refine roasting quality standards and the coffee program from sourcing to roasting to packaging
• Organize and manage the coffee roastery and warehouse including storage of green coffee, packaged coffee, and all coffee program products such as teas and syrups
• Prepares various coffee blends according to established formulas.
• Establishes roasting quality standards.
• Participates in regular coffee tastings to ensure quality standards.
• Participate in customer outreach, sampling and sales visits.
• Reliability is paramount. Individual must demonstrate flexibility to meet quickly changing production and roasting schedules.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Significant experience with coffee quality and tasting.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well with a team.
• Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and OSHA Safety standards.
We provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Vero/Alamode Foods hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Posted: December 1st 2020
Retail and Cafe Operations Manager
Brio Coffeeworks is Vermont’s premier woman-owned specialty coffee roaster, offering light roast specialty coffee and education to an expanding base of customers that includes top cafes, restaurants and retail outlets within and outside of Vermont.. We are a passionate, small team, dedicated to providing an outstanding customer service experience while roasting coffees that we love and giving back to our community, both at home and at origin.
We are looking for an energetic, highly motivated individual to oversee all aspects of our retail and espresso bar operations. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate candidate who wants to be part of a small team and have ownership of a critical area of our business. This position will help us define and implement our retail strategy and be the link between our brand vision and how it comes to life in our roastery. The position will also maintain and promote the company’s reputation and positive brand awareness.
This position will encompass the following areas of responsibility
Espresso Bar and Retail Operations
• Working with management to develop and execute retail strategy designed to grow the business
• Developing policies, systems and training materials for espresso bar operations
• Oversee physical space to ensure an exceptional environment and shopping experience for customers, including merchandising and displays
• Curating retail offerings and manage inventory
• Overseeing quality control standards (brewing devices, water quality, TDS measurements, menus, etc.)
• Planning and executing events
• Covering bar shifts as needed, including weekends
Staff Management and Education
• Recruitment, onboarding, and training of front-of-house staff management of staff
• Conducting staff evaluations
• Maintaining exemplary standards for customer service
Communication and Community Building
• Contributing to company’s online communication strategy, including marketing, content development and online presence
• Promoting the company through events, outreach activities and sales interactions
• Representing Brio at local and national industry events and conferences
• Maintaining connections and developing collaborative partnerships with community and other brands
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader and have experience in managing teams. The candidate should have experience in overseeing retail programs and operations in a specialty coffee, retail, or hospitality setting. The candidate must have a serious passion for coffee and be excited about creating amazing customer experiences.
We’d love to hear from people with
• 3+ years retail, or hospitality management experience, preferably in coffee
• Experience in espresso preparation and brewing; prior barista experience preferred
• Proven track record in managing and motivating staff, with supervisory experience in hiring, training and evaluating;
• Experience with creating systems, procedures, SOPs and putting them into practice
• Proven track record of excellent guest service and customer relations
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong project management capabilities, prioritization and organization skills; ability to manage multiple self-directed projects
• High level of proficiency on social media platforms
• An eye for space aesthetics and visual identify in a space
• Strong computer skills including MS office, GoogleDocs; proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or similar platforms a plus
• Ability to foster an inviting community space; experience in event planning a plus
We’re proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits including
• Paid time off – vacation (10 days); holidays (10 days), and sick time off
• Fully paid health insurance
• Potential for annual profit sharing
• Professional development opportunities and company support
• Employee discounts and weekly coffee
Please submit a brief cover letter and resume here.
Posted: November 25th 2020
Corvus Coffee Roasters
To implement and maintain store operations within Corvus Coffee which are in line with the Identity, Vision, and Goals of the company. This is to be accomplished through organization and reinforcement of procedures relating to drink quality, customer service, and human resource standards.
President/Director of Retail Operations
Overview of the position
The Retail Manager is the organizing and driving force behind the goal of, “Strategic retail expansion in line with our company vision and image” within the Corvus Coffee company goals. An organized and self driven desire to provide memorable customer service, inspiring drink quality, and to build an invigorating culture is a key attribute of the Retail Manager position. The Retail Manager is a full-time position which includes responsibilities in quality control, scheduling & training, floor management, project management, creative human resource management, and business development. The Retail Manager is also responsible for assisting the President/Director of Retail Operations in overall expansion efforts of the Corvus retail business.
The Retail Manager is the final management position before our coffees are consumed by our customers. A successful retail manager understands that the overall success of Corvus Coffee is dependent on the quality of our drinks. The retail manager constantly improves drink quality through training, awareness of staff skill level and consistency, machine maintenance, and in the moment feedback. Cultivating this culture within the staff is a constant habit which focuses on encouraging tasting drinks, using the resources provided to them, and working with training staff to create procedures and ongoing training which challenges and empowers the retail team. The retail manager should have a system for consistently checking quality of drinks and providing guidance to the team.
Scheduling and Training
Labor costs are one of the largest expenses in the retail business. The retail manager is responsible for managing these at a level which reduces unnecessary spending while ensuring enough coverage for memorable customer service. Effective scheduling creates good workflow and leverages different peoples skills to complement each other on shift. The retail manager is responsible for ensuring appropriate overall staff levels through recruiting, quality hiring, and training/retention.
At least 85% of the retail managers time is spent on the floor. This time should be used to demonstrate leadership, provide feedback, and ensure retail operations run smoothly. Demonstrating leadership includes effectively setting up shifts for success, managing clearly throughout the day, and effectively using management materials. Providing feedback should be a constant habit the retail manager curates within him/herself to create a general culture of feedback. Feedback should be direct, timely, and both given and received without negatively effecting morale. This aspect of the culture is one of the most important to ensure the retail manager can implement change and hit his/her goals within the company. The retail manager is in charge of ensuring retail operations run smoothly on a day to day basis. This includes regular oversight of cash handling procedures and follow up on variances, ensuring compliance with food and safety standards, effective drink flow and customer service, and effective delegation.
Throughout the year the retail manager will be responsible for several key projects’ implementations. These include, but are not limited to, menu changes, retail set changes, and implementing operation improvements. The ability to plan effectively and delegate essential tasks is key to ensuring these projects accomplish the objective while finishing on time. The retail manager is a very organized and effective planner. This skill is also essential for communicating new coffee arrivals in an engaging manner, and creating a system for communication on a regular basis with staff.
Human Resource Management
The Retail Manager is the front line human resources person each day. A basic knowledge of human resource standards and compliance issues is key for dealing with conflict, interviewing and hiring, terminating employment, and building a store culture. Creative HR policies can include store meetings, events, and team /knowledge building events. The goal of human resources is to create an exciting and challenging environment which fosters an engaged staff.
A successful retail manager has a comprehensive understanding of the numbers of the business. Constantly setting goals for gross margins, and reducing overhead while creating new opportunities to increase sales is a key function of the retail manager.
• Must love coffee and actively seek to grow in coffee
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Ability to work well within, and lead a team
• Must be approachable, mindful, and positive
• Solid problem solving and management skills
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in any situation.
• Progressively responsible retail experience 3 years
• Supervisory role experience 2 years
• Coaching to increase productivity of staff and adherence to operational and cleanliness standards
• Reviewing operation procedures to ensure clarity and effectiveness of materials
• Ensuring all policies and procedures have written companion materials
• Regular meetings with President and Director of Operations to set goals and monitor progress of projects
• Other Duties as Assigned
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: November 23rd 2020
Paradeco Coffee Roasters
St. Petersburg, Florida
You’re unique and so are we. Our founders left the corporate world for the Sunshine City and never looked back. We believe in sustainability, consistency, and having a good time. This isn’t just a coffee shop, it's a destination. Paradeco is where you come to break up the monotony. It’s a sublime place to drink up and wind down. We are all business, all pleasure, and everyone is welcome here.
Paradeco is looking for experienced Barista’s that want to work for a brand new, modern, innovative and healthy coffee spot in the heart of Downtown St. Pete. We’re looking for energetic, positive front of the house people who want to grow with us. A passion for health and wellness is a huge plus. We promote a fun, energetic environment and we are looking for team members who will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
If you find yourself excited by quality coffee, teamwork, and fast-paced environments, reach out to us. We’re in the process of building out the space still as of 11/18/2020. We will be open by 2/1/2021.
Essential Functions – job duties include but not limited to
• Delivers outstanding customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer.
• Create a rapport with customers by learning their names and favorite drinks.
• Cup and taste coffee regularly to maintain familiarity with product and quality standards.
• Stay informed if new coffee availabilities and attributes.
• Ability to make all beverages on entire menu i.e. full coffee, tea and smoothie menu.
• Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
• Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
• Contributes to a positive team environment
• Operate innovative coffee machinery and equipment including manual brewing methods
• Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe (cleaning, stocking, ordering)
• Coordinate with vendors and supplies as needed
• Maintain cafe maintenance and cleanliness
• Assist in drink and menu development
• POS knowledge is a plus. (We are using Square)
• Perform additional duties as assigned that may be outside normal scope of duties based on business needs
• Passion for coffee/tea and desire to educate others about coffee/tea
• Must have an interest in healthy, sustainable living
• Available to open/early morning shift. We open at 7:00 A.M.
• 2 years barista experience
• Great communication skills, with a polished floor presence, professional demeanor, and appearance
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
• Ability and desire to streamline workflow to create efficiency
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Ability to multitask with ease and adapt to fast paced environment
• A capable communicator who is open to giving and receiving feedback
• Must be able to work on feet for extended periods of time
• Florida Food handler’s certification
• Minimum High School or GED. Note: a college degree in business or a closely related field, OR 4+ years of US Military service may substitute for a portion of the required experience
What to expect from us
• Fair treatment A positive, chill environment in the new hot spot in Downtown Saint Pete Unique working environment & startup company culture Close to the bay/beach/pier! FUN!
• Pay we be decided upon your qualifications and amazing latte art skills. (We are thinking 11 to 27 an hour)
Schedule – Full-Time or a min of 30hrs per week; Details provided upon interview.
Paradeco is an equal opportunity employer. We love and welcome everyone into our home.
To apply please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Posted: November 19th 2020
Healdsburg Country Store
Live Your Passion. Add Your Magic. At Montage International, we are doing something different, something exciting and it takes passionate people to bring our vision to life. We have built a culture that leads with the important notion we live by every day; do what you love. If this resonates with you, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Barista role is responsible for the preparation and service of beverages and food items to guests. This role will contribute to the organization as an active business partner that is responsible for supporting the company's goals, objectives, vision, mission, and values.
• Job duties include but not limited to
• Prepare all specialty coffee and tea drinks to the specified standards; providing guests with professional, friendly and timely service;
• Maintain the cleanliness of the coffee equipment, counter, prep; participating in ongoing service training of standards;
• Ensure all place is ready for each shift: providing weekly inventory of coffee, tea, beverages;
• Responsible polishing of silverware/glassware.
• Perform additional duties as assigned that may be outside of the normal scope of duties based on business needs.
• High school or equivalent education required.
• Be able to communicate clearly and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
• Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
• Food Handlers Permit Required
• Availability to work flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
• Previous bar experience preferred.
Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently from area to area. Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, and reach with hands and arms. Ability to carry and balance dishware and glassware in the course of service. Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
For any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply here.
Posted: November 16th 2020
Northeastern Coffee Equipment
Experienced Espresso Technician
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Enjoy Boston, MA, Portland, ME, Providence RI and all points in between. Northeastern Coffee Equipment is a small espresso and quality focused equipment repair and sales company that covers all of New England. We are adding an experienced Espresso Technician to our team.
Successful candidates should have strong electrical experience, troubleshooting skills and experience on some, or all, of the brands we service including:
La Marzocco, Nuova SImonelli, Kees Van der Westin, Mavam, Marco, Slayer, Wilbur Curtis, Franke, Fetco, Mod Bar
The Covid crisis has impacted our industry, but our customer base is steady and open for business.
Our techs work between 40-50hrs per week and avoid the burn out that comes with 80 hr weeks and early Sunday morning calls. The majority of our work is preventative maintenance. Overtime or weekend emergency work is rare.
We are a small family oriented company and strive for a positive life-work balance and improving what we do everyday. We take care of our customers and our team.
Must love dogs.
Email your experience and interest to email@example.com.
Posted: November 16th 2020
Caffe Ibis Roasting Company
Caffe Ibis is a 40 year-old artisan, custom coffee roasting house located in Logan, Utah. We are firmly grounded in our guiding principles of seeking out quality coffees that meet high standards for our planet and people. As a pioneer in the organic coffee market in the United States, we source coffee that is processed and harvested with human health, human dignity, and environmental benefits in mind. Caffe Ibis has a moral commitment to triple certified coffees: organic, fair trade, and SMBC bird friendly. Our core mission is to be unbeatable for quality and freshness, while supporting social and environmental stewardship. Caffe Ibis treasures its partnerships with its employees, customers, and vendors. We enthusiastically support and actively participate in our local community and beyond.
This position will collaborate with our sales team to develop a strong and successful service program, provide excellent leadership for and engage directly with our technical team to motivate, prioritize, coordinate, schedule and dispatch for daily service needs, work with vendors to purchase parts and request information, engage with wholesale customers to provide superb customer service, coordinate repairs with roasting and café staff, and routinely connect with management and ownership staff.
The successful candidate ideally will have
• extensive coffee knowledge and passion, including but not limited to coffee equipment and coffee preparation practices.
• basic plumbing, electrical and math skills; a valid driver’s license.
• a dynamic, enthusiastic personality and ability to communicate and create synergy with staff, customers and partners
• desire to support our tech team to perform at the highest possible level.
• an ability to empathize and diffuse emotional situations with customer repair situations.
• certifications from Bunn, LaMarzocco, Franke or other manufacturers (traditional and super-automatic); knowledge of water conditioning systems, ice machines, etc.
• participate in fleet management.
• a five-year background in repair, maintenance, and business management and operations.
• sales experience and the ability to work with pricing models and budgets, identify and pursue sales opportunities, and a desire to grow and expand the department.
• ability to maintain tools and company resources in an efficient manner.
• implement technology and processes to assist with managing inventory and billing work orders timely and efficiently.
• the ability to travel and work at customer sites multiple days per week, often outside regular hours, and share in after-hours calls.
• an understanding of our products, operations, customers and partners, and company history and values.
• a readiness to lead and participate in weekly management meetings.
• a never ending desire to continue learning and growing in the business and industry.
• MSOffice (Excel, Outlook, Word) and proficient technology skills.
• excellent leadership, organizational, time management, and communication skills setting a tone for professionalism and expertise.
Caffe Ibis is located in Logan, Utah, in the beautiful Cache Valley, 90 miles north of Salt Lake City. Logan is the county seat and home of Utah State University. Cultural and entertainment opportunities abound. Cache County, and all of northern Utah, is a four-season outdoor recreation destination (www.explorelogan.com). This is a full time position and Caffe Ibis offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: November 8th 2020
Quality Assurance Manager
Caravela Coffee is a team of over 200 hundred coffee professionals located in 11 different countries, with our own export operations in 7 Latin American countries and 4 import operations in Australia, North America, Taiwan and the UK. Our goal is ‘To Make Coffee Better’ for all of those involved, from the communities where coffee is grown to the coffee drinkers, based on five main principles: quality, transparency, traceability, education and sustainability.
What we do
Unlike most green coffee traders out there, we don’t just buy and sell coffee for a living. We connect the most talented coffee growers and the most professional coffee roasters, developing true partnerships that lead to improved quality, profitability and sustainability for the entire coffee chain.
How we do it
We achieve this by working directly with over 4 thousand small and medium sized coffee farmers in 7 Latin American countries, constantly providing them with education, technical assistance and access to the world’s best coffee roasters around the World, paying premium prices for their best coffees. The results are a better coffee world, with growers and the communities where they live receiving increased incomes and a higher quality of life and coffee consumers drinking a better and more sustainable product.
Our model has been validated as a high impact model by BCorp since 2014, being the highest rated coffee BCorp in the World. We have been named a ‘Best-For-the-World’ company by BLabs for five years in a row.
We are in the process of moving our North American headquarters to Houston, TX, where we plan to have a world class facility conveniently located close to our customers and our origin operations in Latin America. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to help us bring the best Latin American coffees to our North American customers.
You are a crucial member of the North American team, responsible for ensuring that our customers are always receiving the best tasting and most consistent coffees from Latin America. You are a driven team player and multitasker that can liaise with multiple origins and customers, as well as the Sales Team, without compromising quality and details. You are a curious person willing to learn constantly on the go and propose new value drivers. You will report directly to the North American Managing Director with a soft reporting to the Global Quality Director.
• Green Coffee
• Meticulous recording, analysis and sharing of physical and sensorial quality data of green coffee (qualitative and quantitative) using company tools and industry’s best practices
• Provide proactive feedback to origin quality teams
• Develop, in liaison with origin offices, of ideal roast profiles for the different coffees sourced by Caravela
• Develop, in liaison with origin offices, proprietary blends of different coffees sourced by Caravela
• Execute experimental roast and proprietary blend profiles and lead QA of results, using a Probat BRZ and/or Ikawa sample roaster
• Facilitate and lead regular cuppings with the sales team
• Direct the day-to-day running of the lab, ensuring product quality of both forward and spot offerings
• Manage the flow of all origin, arrival and customer samples
• Implement and develop QA policies and procedures, in combination with the Global Quality Director
• Support Sales and Customer Experience teams with occasional cuppings, demos, and on-site customer visits
• Represent Caravela in quality driven industry events, both in North America and abroad, such as CoE Competitions
• Fulfillment of green coffee samples
• Develop strong relationships with our customer’s quality and green buying team
• Identify customer profiles and preferences for preemptive QA
• Perform regular maintenance on all quality control equipment and occasional repairs
• Have an active role in the curation and selection of coffees for our spot offerings
• Manage, train, and supervise junior QA team
• Network with other members of the industry across all levels to develop versatility and variety of the product and supply chain
• Strong passion for high quality coffee
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
• 7-10 years’ experience as a QA lab tech and/or lead roaster
• Experience roasting coffee in a variety of styles
• Skilled cupper
• Very detail-oriented, meticulous and highly analytical
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with clear leadership abilities
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office and cloud-based equivalents (e.g. Google Docs)
• Experience in water quality testing and analysis, including knowledge of SCA/CQI cupping requirements
• Spanish proficiency (reading, writing, speaking) is desirable
• Data analytics experience, using BI systems such as Tableau or PowerBI
• We offer competitive compensation, based on experience
• Paid time off: 3 weeks
• Medical, Dental, Vision
Caravela is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on a person’s race, color, religion, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, medical condition including pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by November 20th 2020. Must be Eligible to work in the USA.
Posted: November 6th 2020
Customer Experience and Sales Associate
We design and manufacture high quality home coffee makers, and our growing team needs help engaging and assisting our customers. If you love using modern tools to engage with consumers and businesses, this job could be for you!
• Answer phone and respond to email and chats promptly and professionally, always maintaining the highest level of customer service
• Enter orders for wholesale customers and international direct-to-consumer orders
• Assist sales and operations teams with various tasks, such as checking in with wholesale customers, handling returns/warranty processes, and preparing freight movements
• Maintain an updated knowledge of Ratio’s products, services, and customer service policies
• Establish and maintain good rapport with customers by using positive language and anticipating their needs
• Assist in various marketing and content projects
• Fast learner, comfortable with modern software (Google Docs, Excel, Asana etc.),
• Consistent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills, including writing emails with proper grammar and punctuation
• Ability to follow instructions for company tone and voice in all communications
• Engaging and fun attitude and able to work with customers who might be upset
• Effective employees in this position work with minimal supervision, are self-directed and have meticulous attention to detail
• Bonus – specialty coffee experience
This is a full-time, entry-level position that will start at $15/hour with a schedule of 35-40 hours a week. Tentative work schedule will be Mon.-Thurs. 8:30-5pm. Up to 25% of hours can be done from home after 30 days on the job.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: November 5th 2020
Stumptown Coffee Roasters
Production and Fulfillment Tech – Temporary
New York, New York
Hi, we’re Stumptown. We’re a coffee company, and we source, roast, taste, package, sell, deliver, brew and serve what we firmly believe is the best coffee on the planet. We are progressive, open, and evolving but uncompromising in our commitment to quality. We work hard, collaborate constantly and have fun every day. We pride ourselves on our passion for excellence, our spirit of generosity and on the long-term relationships we nurture as we guide our coffee from the good hands of our hardworking partners at origin into the cups of our customers. If you love coffee, people and getting things done, this just might be the place for you.
Our Production and Fulfillment Techs support our commitment to exceptional customer service, quality and freshness by working quickly, efficiently and accurately to package roasted coffee, monitor the quality of the bags and prepare the coffee for delivery to our Customers. Additionally, they prepare, pick and fulfill orders for delivery, and assist in the daily cleaning of equipment and restocking of supplies. Additionally, they may assist with driving and deliveries from time to time. The Production and Fulfillment Tech works with a variety of personalities and departments to ensure that quality standards are being maintained, and maintains a respectful, professional demeanor at all times. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
• Use both manual and mechanized processes to weigh, grind, bag and seal bagged coffee.
• Assist with change-overs and basic troubleshooting on mechanized processes.
• Rack, box or palletize to prepare bagged coffee for distribution.
• Fulfill, pick and prepare customer orders for delivery with extreme accuracy.
• Comply with established Good Manufacturing Practices and standards.
• Complete work efficiently and safely, maintain a clean and tidy work space and restock and prep supplies as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness & flexibility.
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment a must.
• Ability to comfortably lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Ability to read and follow written instructions accurately
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for coffee
• Proven team player willing to work with others to complete tasks
• Eager to work with many different personalities and backgrounds
• Ability to manage and prioritize daily and weekly tasks
• Driver’s license and clean driving record are necessary
• Occasionally drive Sprinter vans, loading and unloading product throughout a shift
• Carry weight, lift – frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 pounds. Weight greater than 50 pounds can be mitigated with a lifting partner or device
• Stooping—bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
• Repetitive motion using the hands, wrists and forearms— f old bags, carry trays of coffee, operate light machinery
• Standing in place for several hours at a table to operate machinery, scoop coffee and fold bags
• Work is performed in a warehouse environment, on the road and at client sites
• The work environment can be noisy
• Temperatures can be variable in the work area
At Stumptown, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to a member of the People team at email@example.com or by calling (855) 711-3385. We are proud to be a B Corp and equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: November 5th 2020
Java Love Coffee Roasting Co.
Suffern, New York
Java Love Coffee Roasting Co., is a woman-owned artisan coffee roasting company with the mission of quality coffee done right and the passion of creating and connecting with our communities. Java Love’s flagship shop in Suffern, NY is where we lovingly roast the highest quality green coffee beans in small batches, and are committed to Coffee with Integrity, which means we focus on taking as little & giving as much as possible. We focus on creating opportunities through mindful support of local & global communities, and source only Organic, Sustainably Farmed, Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance & Water Processed green coffee beans, produced with respect for the environment and farmers.
We’re seeking an enthusiastic and engaged coffee roaster to join our dynamic Suffern, NY production team. The ideal team member is passionate about coffee, customers and community – able to treat fellow team members and guests with respect, compassion and recognition. Availability should include mornings, evenings, and weekends. Interested candidates must be able to commit to at least one year in the role. Ability to perform all roaster operations including: roast coffee to specifications determined by Head Roaster, aide in upkeep and maintenance of roasting and production equipment, and continually help advance the craft and quality of roasting at Java Love Coffee Roasting Co.
• Oversee roaster operations, scheduling, direct daily roaster operations and work assignments.
• Communicate and inform manager(s) of daily activity and issues.
• Schedule all roasts to ensure smooth production flow and to meet inventory requirements.
• Maintain roaster according to established procedures and guidelines – making adjustments as needed to ensure quality.
• Monitor each roast, making specific adjustments to roaster settings as needed to ensure consistent roast quality.
• Log daily production roasts and assist in creation of monthly and yearly roast reports.
• Manage and maintain all certification documentation (RFA, Fair Trade, Organic, Swiss Water …)
• Prepare various coffee blends according to established proprietary formulas.
• Transfer of roasted coffee to appropriate production stations (bagging, grinding, shipping) to ensure efficient and safe work flow.
• Notify production staff of roasted coffee status (variety, amount, special instructions …)
• Actively participate in established roasting quality standards.
• Actively participate in regular coffee tastings to ensure quality standards.
• Assist in training new team members as required.
• Perform all data entry functions and able to make changes and/or adjustments in online, wholesale and roast planning as needed.
• Clean and perform regular maintenance on roaster and other production equipment per maintenance schedules and/or as directed by manager(s).
• Set up and maintain roaster documents and procedures.
• Perform all related job duties as required.
• Must have previous experience in production environment with flexibility to meet changing production schedules and job assignments without close supervision.
• Must have a strong interest in coffee and willingness to expand knowledge base.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate in a timely manner.
• Excellent math skills and computer experience.
• Must be able to read and understand equipment manuals.
• Excellent mechanical skills to troubleshoot and support roasters for full operation to minimize machine and production downtime.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a fast-paced team.
• Experience in leading or motivating teams.
• Must demonstrate flexibility to meet quickly changing production schedules and job assignments that may involve extended or overtime hours.
• Ability to learn coffee roasting profiles and quality standards of Java Love Coffee Roasting Co.
• Ability to perform daily physical requirements such as standing, walking, bending, and stooping in addition to the ability to lift up 25 to 100 pounds throughout work day.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Java Love Coffee Roasting Co. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Java Love Coffee Roasting Co. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Jobs@javaloveroasters.com
Posted: November 2nd 2020
New Specialty Coffee Shop, Goodfellows Coffee is hiring experiences baristas to be a part of our amazing team. We pride ourselves on serving the best quality products and delivering the best customer experience. We are hiring for other positions as well, please contact us for more information
● Preparing specialty coffee drinks of the highest quality and consistency, as well as teas and other beverages
● Sharing your knowledge of our coffee products and offerings with our customers
● Prior experience working in a specialty coffee shop is a must
● Exceptional listening and communication skills
● Ability to be on your feet for extended periods
● Availability to work 20 – 40 hours per week, around peak hours, including nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
● An outgoing, polite, engaging personality
● Attention to detail and excellent follow through
● Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence
● Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Posted: November 2nd 2020