Website Bloom & Plume Coffee
The Barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she/they is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and teas. The Barista fulfills any other duties the Store Manager, Assistant Manager or Shift Supervisor assigns and represents Bloom & Plume Coffee in a professional manner. The ideal Barista is someone who is passionate about coffee, food and creating incredible guest experiences grounded in respect, empathy, and recognition.
• Ensures that all customers are educated on our products and services.
• Maintains the highest quality, consistent product standards.
• Proficiently prepares blended and cold drinks provided by the store.
• Follows all Company drink & food recipes and procedures.
• Develops an understanding of coffee and tea regions and the various differences in flavor and blends.
• Demonstrate current and working knowledge of drip coffee, cold beverage, espresso bar, food prep and pastry stations.
• Understands the importance of meeting store goals, while holding self-accountable for understanding business measures and store goals.
• Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with Company and Health Department standards.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Greets all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develops a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
• Verbally receives and calls back customer orders in a friendly manner.
• Reports all customer complaints to manager on duty.
• Responds proactively to prevent customer service situations.
• Accurately rings sales orders into cash register and counts back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
• Answers telephone in a courteous and friendly manner including, but not limited to, giving store greeting, directions to store location, and receiving and filling customer orders.
• Answers customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
• Sells and serves baked goods and miscellaneous food items to customers.
• Maintains efficient, friendly service.
• Restocks shelves when necessary.
• Routinely cleans the bar area, floor, windows and grinders, and takes out trash, etc.
• Assists in the distribution of weekly shipments.
• Reports potential safety hazards to the manager on duty.
• Reports all employee accidents to the manager on duty.
• Informs the manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
Requirements, Qualifications & Physical Demands
• Existing Food Handler’s Certificate or certification within 30 days post-hire for the state of California.
• No specific education accomplishment is necessary.
• Previous specialty coffee experience is preferred.
• Entry-level position.
• Follows cash handling procedures and Square point of sale policies.
• May work special events, as needed.
• Maintains positive Company morale and professional attitude.
• Must be able to work overtime, as needed.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
• Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and be able to focus on distant and close-range projects.
• A flexible schedule and are available to work weekends.
• Support your team in keeping the cafe running smoothly and beautifully – these tasks may vary but can include washing dishes, clearing dishes, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning and organizing condiment station, and taking out trash
• Execute food production, carefully preparing seasonal and high quality ingredients with integrity. This could include but is not limited to: slicing, chopping, sautéing, roasting, and other forms of food preparation and assembly.
Bloom & Plume Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these qualities, a jobs requirements, our business needs, and an applicants qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind in the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale, or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This position reports to the Manager
Classification – Hourly, Non‐Exempt, 20 – 35 hours per week
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org