We’re sick and tired of all the click-baiting listicles out there portraying baristas in a negative light. We’re looking at you, Buzzfeed – 15 Signs Your Barista Hates You, etc – but really, the internet is like a post-game victory haterade waterfall of shade towards baristas. Clearly this is something that can only be combatted in equivalent listicle form.
Dear haters on the internet: there are many things that good baristas do to make their customers happy. Here’s 8 of them.
8. They remember your drink order when you come in super hung over, so you don’t even have to talk to get your coffee.
7. You take off your earphones and the barista is playing the SAME SONG YOU’RE LISTENING TO.
6. Your barista looks right at you when they put out your drink. Eye contact is very trendy right now.
5. Your barista refills your favorite accoutrements on the condiment bar at just the right time.
4. Your barista recommends the perfect coffee in the Aeropress and it tastes amaze-balls.
3. Your espresso comes out in less than two minutes.
2. You’re having a terrible day and your barista gives you a feel-better cookie.
1. After standing on line for a long time, your drink is ready at the register because your barista knows you and loves you forever.