Barista Nation, a globetrotting expo of specialty coffee thought-leaders, are taking their innovative public format to Southern California, and we’re very excited to announce that we’ll be there as part of the fun. The event happens on Saturday, September 15h in Anaheim, California, at the Beyond The Grind warehouse space at 5180 Hunter Avenue (a mere 20 minutes away from Disneyland).
The folks at Barista Nation have extended volunteer opportunities to Sprudge readers unable to afford the admission – please email us at email@example.com and we’ll get you set up.
There’s a truly impressive cargo clutch of speaker forums happening at BN LA, including:
- A roasting presentation with Martin Dietrich, Austin Amento (Augie’s Coffee Roasting), Mike Perry (Klatch), and Chuck Patton (Bird Rock Coffee).
- Key note address from none other than Peter Giuliano, on the topic of “Barista First and Always”
- Presentation from Fair Trade USA wunderkind Richard Sandlin, with whom we recently traveled to Rwanda
- Round table discussion featuring WBC winner Mike Phillips (Handsome Coffee Roasters) and USBC winner Heather Perry (Klatch)
- A panel called “Beyond Being A Barista“, hosted by Ken Olsen of Barista Magazine and featuring your very own Sprudge.com Editors!
We’re also going to DJ the post-event party (6:30-9pm), so bring your dancing shoes and a healthy affection for early-80’s drum machines. After that…seriously, Disneyland is like 20 minutes away, and they stay open late on Saturdays.
Learn more at Barista Nation’s official website and watch Sprudge.com for more info in the coming weeks. Check the flyer below for a full schedule of events: