Can you hear it? From off in the distance, a faint cry, growing louder each day until finally you can make out a whisper on the wind. What’s that it says? “Build-Outs…Build-Outs of Summer are coming…”
Five years ago yesterday we inaugurated a new feature series on Sprudge.com, focused on the cool summer mornings and long summer nights spent creating new cafes. The first spot we featured was called Artifact Coffee, in Baltimore; our readers reacted favorably, but we never could have predicted what came next. Over the following half-decade, summertime on Sprudge has been spent delving deep into the global world of new cafes, documenting them far and wide, featuring dozens, no hundreds of the hottest cafes around the world in an ongoing narrative of coffee cultural growth and expansion. There’s nothing else quite like it in the world of food and beverage writing. And we’re ready to kick the dang thing off again.
This is an open call to be featured in the 2017 Build-Outs of Summer series on Sprudge. Here’s what we’re looking for!
- New cafes under construction between May and September of 2017.
- Cafe remodels that will be completed by September 2017
- Tiny new cafes built on zero budget
- Expansive new cafes that push coffee design concepts forward
- Cute coffee bicycles and such
- Southern Hemisphere cafes are welcome—we love a good Fit-Out of Winter.
These Build-Outs features are more than just cafe previews—they are a snapshot of where the global coffee culture, and where it’s headed next. This year’s season will kick off shortly. Are you on the list?